Crappie on my mind

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I was running down lines.. I had Herring out along with 2 rods with tandem jigs. The lower jigs on my lines were tipped with minnows. 25ft depth was the number.

Long lining?

Not like @Dutch! He’s the trolling master for Crappie on this forum! That boy is going to teach me some things I hope!!!

That Crappie will not be ate. I already talked to Chris tonight so she is going to Fortner’s Taxidermy soon.

I’ve caught 10’s of thousands of Crappie on Lanier. This one is special.

I was getting it ready for Chris when my son came in and said... “Dad, it’s longer than my arm”...
View attachment 1004233
View attachment 1004234
That's a slab! Congrats.

I might need to ease up that way and give Lanier a try, never fished that body of water. I have more water to fish than I have got time to.

Thanks for the kind words, I get lucky once in a while longlining for crappie. I will shoot you a PM next time I head north to Oconee or Sinclair.

littlejon

I was running down lines.. I had Herring out along with 2 rods with tandem jigs. The lower jigs on my lines were tipped with minnows. 25ft depth was the number.

Long lining?

Not like @Dutch! He’s the trolling master for Crappie on this forum! That boy is going to teach me some things I hope!!!

That Crappie will not be ate. I already talked to Chris tonight so she is going to Fortner’s Taxidermy soon.

I was getting it ready for Chris when my son came in and said... “Dad, it’s longer than my arm”...
View attachment 1004233
That's a thick girl for sure! Biggest I got on Sid is 16" and wasn't close to having those shoulders. I caught mine in YD while fishing for crappie on a flat in a small cove. It was chasing BB's with some other fish. I was surprised because I thought they were small stripers on the prowl. I've caught thousands of spots on Sid but I have a ways to go to catching you on the crappies. Good job!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Long lining?

View attachment 1004233
Great fish!!! I caught a 2.5 lb crappie at Clark’s Bridge about 40 years back. Congrats