Cutoff date for SZ expansion?

red neck richie

Anybody know the cutoff date for the SZ expansion for the 2018-19 season? I admire The Governor for his efforts on this issue. I hope its not just lip service but he is on his way out so I dont see the political gain? I think he is serious about making the law equal statewide. #samelawsforallgeorgians.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
i guess starting another thread is easier than looking at the other dozen threads on this subject that have the info in them?

HuntinDawg89

This junk about making the law the same for all Georgians is the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever heard. The pro-baiting crowd had ABSOLUTELY NO HESITATION about creating this situation when they were pushing to legalize hunting over bait in the Southern Zone. To do so and now cry about it being unequal is absurd and dishonest. Also, hunting laws in Georgia have varied by region for many decades. It isn't a new situation. Seasons have always differed (until last year) by zone. You can only hunt with dogs in certain areas. Doe days differ by county (a lot more complicated that Southern Zone vs. Northern Zone). Some counties are bow only. At least one county is bow only in part of the county while you can gun hunt in the other part (different laws within a single county vs. within a whole state). What a crock of an argument. IF you proponents of hunting over bait are really in the right (which I vehemently deny), it surely isn't on the basis of the unequal situation YOU CREATED.

red neck richie

This junk about making the law the same for all Georgians is the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever heard. The pro-baiting crowd had ABSOLUTELY NO HESITATION about creating this situation when they were pushing to legalize hunting over bait in the Southern Zone. To do so and now cry about it being unequal is absurd and dishonest. Also, hunting laws in Georgia have varied by region for many decades. It isn't a new situation. Seasons have always differed (until last year) by zone. You can only hunt with dogs in certain areas. Doe days differ by county (a lot more complicated that Southern Zone vs. Northern Zone). Some counties are bow only. At least one county is bow only in part of the county while you can gun hunt in the other part (different laws within a single county vs. within a whole state). What a crock of an argument. IF you proponents of hunting over bait are really in the right (which I vehemently deny), it surely isn't on the basis of the unequal situation YOU CREATED.
You mean the back door political deal making that the NZ got hosed on? No I don't support that. That's why the Governor had to get involved. Just trying to right a wrong. #samelawsforallGeorgians.

HuntinDawg89

You mean the back door political deal making that the NZ got hosed on? No I don't support that. That's why the Governor had to get involved. Just trying to right a wrong. #samelawsforallGeorgians.

That's comical. The "hunt over bait" crowd knew they couldn't get it passed in the whole state. Too much of N. GA was against it. The Southern Zone legislators were for it for some reason (votes, money - probably money). The lazy N. GA legislators like mine were convinced to vote for it by the Southern Zone legislators because as my legislator at the time told me "they want it down there and it doesn't affect my constituents up here." I told him that was wrong. I told him it would affect us because it was the "camels nose under the tent" and it would have lazy hunters in N. GA clamoring for it because they have it in S. GA. So I agree that it was back door. It was a back door way of getting it in the whole state when they could never have done that if they didn't start with just part of the state.

As for #samelawsforallGeorgians, I guess you want the whole state to be able to hunt deer with dogs? Or maybe the whole state to not be able to? I guess the whole state should have the same number of doe days? I guess the whole state, even downtown Atlanta should be either archery only or be able to use firearms for deer? #samelawsforallGeorgians

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
? LoL , I think the whole state should be able to hunt with dogs if the have enough acreage, why not , and as far as doe days if u got em kill em and why not allow firearms in Atl , probably more shots fired around their most days than where most of us hunt already

wks41

Lol antharper. I’ll give you credit, your the only pro-baiter that’s came with a rebuttal to huntindawg89 post. As bad as your reply might have been, at least you tried. It’s funny how the rest of the loud pro-baiters have been silent in here. I guess it’s becuase they can’t challenge a logical post.

red neck richie

Lol antharper. I’ll give you credit, your the only pro-baiter that’s came with a rebuttal to huntindawg89 post. As bad as your reply might have been, at least you tried. It’s funny how the rest of the loud pro-baiters have been silent in here. I guess it’s becuase they can’t challenge a logical post.
No they prolly just dont want to waste their time debating with an elitist that tries to tell others how they should hunt and what is ethical for half the state. Start your own thread that says anybody that doesn't hunt how I deem fit is lazy and unethical.

Last edited:

Josh B

Im for doing whatever you want. One less law. I use feeders but I've got walls full of bucks without it. I have killed many deer on quota hunts and wma's. Killed them with bows,muzzle loaders and pistols. I don't need corn but I like it.

Beagler

I’ve been to busy fishing to comment, I like trolling for crappie and bass with 6 rods pulling crank baits, I shouldn’t have said that now the elites will be telling me I’m fishing wrong.?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’ve been to busy fishing to comment, I like trolling for crappie and bass with 6 rods pulling crank baits, I shouldn’t have said that now the elites will be telling me I’m fishing wrong.?

It "ain't right" to use more poles than you got hands. Ought to be illegal. You might catch over the limit of fish to easily. Makes it too eas to catch a fish and a limit. Ought to have to work for it not just sit there and reel them in 6 at a time

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
We’re all guilty of baiting for a fish. It’s often illegal not to bait for fish. Can’t snag ‘em so how you troll is on you.

Can we get the cliffsnotes from the rome :pop: bait/debait?

red neck richie

It "ain't right" to use more poles than you got hands. Ought to be illegal. You might catch over the limit of fish to easily. Makes it too eas to catch a fish and a limit. Ought to have to work for it not just sit there and reel them in 6 at a time
I guess you are the one to say what is right? You decide for everyone without a vote. Politics as usual.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We’re all guilty of baiting for a fish. It’s often illegal not to bait for fish. Can’t snag ‘em so how you troll is on you.

Can we get the cliffsnotes from the rome :pop: bait/debait?

Rome was last night. Thomson is tonight. I guess no one went to either

The bigger question is was GON there?

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That's comical. Too much of N. GA was against it.

What's really comical is you are using the past to justify you're stance..

The reality is that "Too much of N.GA is FOR it" now so you're argument is null and void. And the minority (which is you) are acting like the whiny Liberals that still can't accept the fact Trump is President.

2cmil3.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Yeah. If you can't get the actual legislators to pass a law just bypass the will of the people and have the head Nazi just issue an edict. It's all good. Democracy! Libertaw!