CVA Optima Pistol???

longbowdave1

Let's just say I've had few opportunities, and haven't made the most of the ones I've had. I will go again real soon. I'm carrying with one of my harnesses now, and like it much better than on the sling.

I was wodering how one of you customs slings would work Marty, looks great!

Good luck on the future hunts! Still 5 months to our gun deer season before I can take the cannon out to play again.

spraynbuckshot

I drew first blood with my Optima Pistol V2 on opening morning! 31 yard shot from a make shift burlap ground blind and I dropped her in her tracks. Neck shot quartering toward using a 250 grain T/C Shockwave Sabot pushed by 100 grains of 777.

longbowdave1

Awsome job Buckshot! That had to be exciting. Congrats on the fine deer with the Optima Pistola!

longbowdave1

Nice buck Marty!

Way to go guys! I have to wait until November 23rd to use the Optima pistol, got a 9 day gun season, then there is muzzleloader season in December.

I hope to be able to harvest a deer as well, maybe out of the Hay Bale blind that I'm building. Congrats again to you both! :fine:

longbowdave1

Finally I got to take the MZ pistol out again this weekend. I was set up in a popup blind with a heater, set up of the edge of the marsh. A main travel runway just 25 yards in front of me. We had some awful cold and windy weather for deer hunting. Saturday morning we arrived to a dusting of snow , 16 degrees and winds 20 to 30 MPH, BRRRR! never got above 21 and wind never layed down. Sunday, light winds but 6 degrees at sunrise. No deer for me, I'll try again this week, maybe out friday morning.

Attachments

• 11 23  13 PISTOL HUNT 001.jpg
    11 23 13 PISTOL HUNT 001.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 900
  • 11 23  13 PISTOL HUNT 003.jpg
    11 23 13 PISTOL HUNT 003.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 907
  • 11 23  13 PISTOL HUNT 004.jpg
    11 23 13 PISTOL HUNT 004.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 927
  • 11 23  13 PISTOL HUNT 005.jpg
    11 23 13 PISTOL HUNT 005.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 925

longbowdave1

Still out there trying. Heading out tomorrow for a one day hunt. Rain, sleet, and maybe a little snow ...... Just one deer to cooperate is all I ask for......

Apex Predator

Good luck Dave! I had a nice 8pt cross directly behind my tree on Tue, and he spooked when he heard my hammer cock! Maybe next time.

longbowdave1

Sounds like you in the right spot Marty! I hope you get another chance at a good buck.

I have been battling the weather up here, nuttin again today. Twenty degrees and 25 MPH winds made for a Looooong, Coooold, day. Single digits for the upcoming weekend, but I'm going to try to get out once more before the ML season is over on wednesday.

longbowdave1

Struck out again today. Slipped away for a five hour afternoon hunt. Brutal conditions again, 15 degrees and snow falling. The birds and squirrels were out but no sign of deer. I was just waiting for one to come slipping through with the falling snow....

Tried to trick one of the yotes by using the bleat can, but they were held up too. they love running the rock ledges.

It was not a fun ride home in the snow. The highway was closed due to a 12 vehicle pile up earlier tonight. Sadly, I heard 3 people may have lost their lives in that crash. Said a prayer for them, and took it real slow the rest of the way on the backroads.

Attachments

• 12 8 13 ML hunt pics 003.jpg
    12 8 13 ML hunt pics 003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 811
  • 12 8 13 ML hunt pics 004.jpg
    12 8 13 ML hunt pics 004.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 793
  • 12 8 13 ML hunt pics 005.jpg
    12 8 13 ML hunt pics 005.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 795
  • 12 8 13 ML hunt pics 006.jpg
    12 8 13 ML hunt pics 006.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 855
  • 12 8 13 ML hunt pics 007.jpg
    12 8 13 ML hunt pics 007.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 810

snake reaper

I cAnt wait to get mine should be a blast to shoot . I want to get set up to carry turkey hunting. Be good for back up to shoot hogs and yotes.

Apex Predator

Got on a group about 200 yards from the truck! Had to circle to ensure the best wind for a stalk. Some of them got onto us and started to bug out. The last two were getting nervous. I had to take a longer shot than I wanted. Made a horrible shot at 75 yards that anchored the hog. Closed to within 50 and finished it. Some good eats!

longbowdave1

Nice! I have to wait til fall muzzle loader season to break mine out again. You doing real good with that Optima Marty.

Marlin_444

Gotta get one of these...

Vin... Oh Vin !!