Daddy daughter double

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats to you both.Great pic's. Them NWTF 1300 are some shooters . But kick like a mule when pat. em. Fun how you never fill it when on a big gobbler
Yeah I’ve always let my daughter shoot 23/4 turkey loads to lighten the kick a little , I decided this season to let her try a 3” longbeard and after it was over I asked if it kicked to bad . She said it didn’t kick at all lol

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Those pictures are awesome, hope I get one like that one day with my 5 year old daughter, congrats to both of you!!!
I’m sure u will , start her young and u want be able to leave the house without her !

Core Lokt

Folks it don’t get any better than what I experienced in the turkey woods this morning . Me and my daughter were out on the lake well before daylight waiting on a gobble that we didn’t hear . About 30 minutes after daylight I decided to get out of boat and go set up in a area that I know the birds frequent . As we were getting out we heard one gobble several hundred yards away on opposite side of lake so off we go , we got as close as we could in boat and got out and finally got close enough to get one fired up , after about a hour and moving 3 times I knew we were in the right spot , because I knew the area well from deer hunting it . After a few quiet yelps and scratching in the leaves I see ones head coming and I got her pointed in the right direction. Then I see 3 big gobblers closing fast , they got about 40 yds and one seen something he didn’t like and I was telling her to shoot. She finally shot and stoned the one she was on that I wasn’t looking at , the one I was focusing on took off and I grabbed gun and shot him , we’ve killed several together and I’ve watched her kill quite a few but this was our first double , public land to boot !View attachment 1009755View attachment 1009756View attachment 1009757View attachment 1009758View attachment 1009759View attachment 1009760

Congrats to both of you!!!