Dawgs Win Double Header. We win. . . .

Double D

Not worth the time!

Tech Fans - it's not worth the trouble or your thoughts ....

It's sad that some folks are happy only when pointing out the faults of others maybe because they don't want to examine their own?

MCG DAWG - it seems you enjoy picking on Tech moreso than praising the Bulldogs - why is that? Why don't you have the same "insight" into LSU, Auburn, FLA or the other MIGHTY SEC teams as you do Tech. Oh wait, you've only played one SEC team so far.....

I'm all in for the rivalry thing and that but you're getting way out of hand. You talk about some pretty tough criteria to judge someone by but what else do we have to go on with your constant slamming of Tech. You go out of your way to stir up trouble - I didn't go looking for UGA fans this morning to talk about how bad their team played. Discussed the good/bad with common courtesy and moved on....

Bottom line - it's a free country - do what you will - just wish you'd be a little more "community minded" with what you do. Bulletin boards can be a dangerous place because we can type out things without realizing the human emotions that are at work and know when something has gone too far or gotten too personal. Just my thoughts!

ramblinrack

MCG DAWG said:
. . . from the resident Techies is deafening tonight.

that would be because i've been in the woods workin all weekend. give it a rest MCtailGateblaster........the sun don't shine on the same ol dawg everyday, but when your time comes .....and IT WILL....you are one dawg who is going to have it coming!

;)

Jim McRae

ramblinrack said:
that would be because i've been in the woods workin all weekend. give it a rest MCtailGateblaster........the sun don't shine on the same ol dawg everyday, but when your time comes .....and IT WILL....you are one dawg who is going to have it coming!

;)
Louie, I 'll give you props on that one. :D

Jim M.

MCG DAWG

Banned
Trust me . .

. .I've been blasted plenty of times by my Tech friends. There at the end of the 90's I heard plenty from them. Now they hear plenty from me and all is right in the world. :bounce: I've got no problem taking the criticism when the Dawgs fail to perform and over the years I've developed some **** good recipe for crow. That's part of being a fan. I've already had three phone calls today from my Tennessee grad buddies talking smack about our upcoming game with them. Had a great time giving each other **** and come game day in Athens they'll be at my tailgate eating smoked ribs and bourbon with the rest of us.

I guess it's tough to decipher my good natured style of ribbing and giving y'all a hard time since we're not face to face. It's easy to misconstrue (sp?) the written word outside of the context of a normal conversation. If we were all sitting around a campfire I'd be giving you the same amount of **** as I passed you a cold beer and we talked about the upcoming game.

Y'all are taking this WAY to personal and if y'all would prefer NOT to have this sort of give and take I'll be happy to tone it down but in my opinion it's what makes this game so much fun.

huntindawg

The Dawgs

MCG, I totally agree with what you said about this board and taking things in context. I don't know how much fun the game of college football can be to everyone when they take everything so seriously and have a chip on their shoulder all the time. I enjoy the sport probably more than anyone and get madder than mad when my team doesn't perform well but this is a message board that is here for people that believe in the same things, and we're not all enemies depending on what college team we like. Making fun of how your arch rival performed on Saturday is in no way a shot at you because you happen to like this team. Will everyone please remember this???

Anyway, on to talking football. I know we really haven't played any great teams yet, but I definitely think our defense is ready for any challenge. Yeah, we gave up 28 to GA South., but 14 of those were 3rd and 4th string points. Also, Southern has put up 84 and 58 the past two games, so their offense is nothing to be laughed at. The defense only gave up 7 to South Carolina and that was on 1 missed tackle by Jennings and they've put up two 30 something scores in their other games. And holding Marshall to 3 is no small feat as that's by far the least they've got on two other worthy opponents (Troy and Ohio State).

Now, as good as the defense has looked, the offense has looked equally as bad. I know I'm probably gonna get reemed for saying this, but after watching Richt for 3 years, I really don't think he's a good tape watcher and a dissecter of defenses. It seems VanGorder always has the defense ready to play and has prepared them for what to expect from the offense they're gonna see. Shoot, it even seems he goes back and picks up plays that the coaches might have run 3 or 4 years ago and prepares the D for them. On the other hand, Richt might add 3 or 4 plays that he thinks will have great success and just run the other plays the offense knows without any modification. Think back dawg fans---when's the last time Georgia ran a play, and you were like, I don't remember seeing that. I mean, I can guess what Richt is gonna do about 70% of the time. And with two guesses, that probably goes up to over 90%. I know if I can guess, then the other team's defensive coordinator knows what is going on.

I know that if we took polls, people would agree that Greene is a far better than average QB. And also, that we have the best wide receivers in the SEC. And that with all those RBs in the backfield who are ALL averaging more than 4 yards a carry, it can't be them or the offensive line who has been suprisingly good that is holding us back. So, will somebody please agree with me that Richt hasn't been doing a good job calling plays? Any other dawgs or even techies that watch the game feel the same way?

Now, don't get me wrong. I think Richt is a great head coach and wouldn't trade him for anyone. I just want someone to call plays that will take advantage of all the great players on the offensive side of the ball. Cause right now, we are resembling that dang Ohio State team from a couple years ago that I hated. But, I guess i would trade having a boring offense for a national championship any day. :D