Wow, I knew this day would come.

BDD

My best friend is going off to college. I'm a total mess, but it's going to be great. Back story, he would not even exist if we didn't lose his brother in a car crash at 17. We reversed the viscetomey and was bless with another boy at 43. Baseball has always been my passion, I started coaching in 1991. So of course, he's a ball player. This year he hit 419, made the 7A all Region team then also made the 7A All State team. He's playing college ball and I can't wait to watch the games. Not only will I miss him but any given weekend there would be 5 to 10 of his friends that stay over. I'll miss all them too. It won't let me post a video, a grandslam over a 385 fence at lake point. Here he is heading home for a game winning run.

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_174909.jpg
    IMG_20230325_174909.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 120

Duff

That is awesome! Congratulations to your entire family! Where is he going to play?

buckpasser

Congrats and my condolences Sir! Your college bound son is a blessing I’m sure and I wish both of you the very best. Sounds like one heck of an athlete!

basshappy

BANNED
I wanna see that grand slam dinger!!! Congrats on your son heading off, and enjoy the road trips to visit and watch him compete, and his returns back home.

Dub

A round of congratulations is in order, sir.
Well done.
Looking forward to hearing about his progress.

I can relate to the "empty nest" aspects. Just me and the oldest of the family dogs now. Son was 24, yesterday, and enjoyed a great visit with him....but today is back to the quiet of a good dog and my old self. :rofl:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My best friend is going off to college. I'm a total mess, but it's going to be great. Back story, he would not even exist if we didn't lose his brother in a car crash at 17. We reversed the viscetomey and was bless with another boy at 43. Baseball has always been my passion, I started coaching in 1991. So of course, he's a ball player. This year he hit 419, made the 7A all Region team then also made the 7A All State team. He's playing college ball and I can't wait to watch the games. Not only will I miss him but any given weekend there would be 5 to 10 of his friends that stay over. I'll miss all them too. It won't let me post a video, a grandslam over a 385 fence at lake point. Here he is heading home for a game winning run.
Congrats
Job well done by both.

JROESEL

Well I’m not here yet, mine are 6&9 and both play ball all year, and yes I coach, but the way I look at this, is the shoe on the other foot, I was the ball player that traveled all over this great nation playing ball, it even payed for my education, I look back now and don’t know if my parents ever missed a game, and now that I’m getting older (40 Saturday) and have my own, I don’t know how in the world they made it all happen, my wife and I are running wide open trying to keep up, I told my mom and dad this week, I don’t know how you did it, with that being said, be there every chance you get, you sound like you’ve already went through a tragedy in life, so you know your not promised tomorrow, but I will say, your son will look back and cherish every game your there, as I do to this day, so hold your head high and be proud, one day he won’t be the only one showing up, there will be a third generation arriving with him, God bless you and safe travels to all those games,

Ps I won’t hold that big purple and gold EC against him, I’ve been gone for a while,
But that NG crimson and white, will always be the best in Coweta ;)

Last edited:

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Well I’m not here yet, mine are 6&9 and both play ball all year, and yes I coach, but the way I look at this, is the shoe on the other foot, I was the ball player that traveled all over this great nation playing ball, it even payed for my education, I look back now and don’t know if my parents ever missed a game, and now that I’m getting older (40 Saturday) and have my own, I don’t know how in the world they made it all happen, my wife and I are running wide open trying to keep up, I told my mom and dad this week, I don’t know how you did it, with that being said, be there every chance you get, you sound like you’ve already went through a tragedy in life, so you know your not promised tomorrow, but I will say, your son will look back and cherish every game your there, as I do to this day, so hold your head high and be proud, one day he won’t be the only one showing up, there will be a third generation arriving with him, God bless you and safe travels to all those games,

Ps I won’t hold that big purple and gold EC against him, I’ve been gone for a while,
But that NG crimson and white, will always be the best in Coweta ;)
Your story sounds like mine as I just turned 40 and ball payed for my college , my boys 7 and we play year round as well, it goes by fast we need to enjoy it !!

JROESEL

Your story sounds like mine as I just turned 40 and ball payed for my college , my boys 7 and we play year round as well, it goes by fast we need to enjoy it !!
Amen to that, I was told one time by a older gentleman at Waffle House, he came up to all of us sitting at the table and said “ the days are long, but the weeks are fast, enjoy every minute of it”
That has stuck with me for some time, and he’s right!!

uturn

Yep!

Coached my son and all of his friend for near 16 yrs…many long day and nights with the whole gang, sleepin over swimming and eating us out of house and home…the 5-10 of his friends statement jogged my memory!

Now he’s almost 40 and we hardly ever see him, hadn‘t been at camp in more than 6/7 yrs…the days are long and the weeks are truly fast indeed!!

You done real good Sir…congratulations to your son and you all!!

If I ever do make one of my bucket list items the College World Series maybe I’ll see him there!

Thanks for stirring the memories…Congratulations again!

wvdawg

Staff member
Enjoy the next level! Congrats!

BDD

If you have Twitter, you can go to twitter.com/JacksonDivido and see some highlights from this past season. The 1st clip is a grand slam over the 385 foot wall at lake point. Today is moving in day a college, we spent last night in a hotel just like old times at the tournaments. Except this time I'll be driving home alone. I'm both happy and sad

Triple C

BDD - You're in for a nice surprise. When our oldest left for college back in '94, the first evening at dinner without him was like a funeral. Tore me up! Seriously tore me and the rest of the family up. Had an absolute blast with all his buddies around thru his early teenage years and all the ball playing, vacations, etc.

Before the year was over, as the weeks went by, the empty nester feeling got better and better and by the end of the year, came to prefer the quietness without all the going and commotion.

Now on the verge of the empty nest feeling with grand kids. Youngest just turned 8 and I'm spending every moment I can with him knowing that when he's 14 or so that he will be running with his own buddies.

rstallings1979

Congratulations to your son and sorry for your previous loss. I have two boys (10 & 7). Today was their first day of school and my youngest had to write a paper about the summer. All he wrote about was playing baseball and whiffle ball with his older brother all summer. I can't imagine not having them around one day. Both are summer babies and we did not start them late like most parents do these days. Selfishly I am trying to convince my wife to lets hold them back a year to get some extra time and let them mature a little more. The teachers unfortunately would not approve of it due to their grades being at or near the top of their class.

Tell him to hit me up this fall if he wants to go hunting. My farm is about 15 minutes from the ECG campus in Swainsboro.

Last edited:

BDD

Thank you, he loves to hunt. We just got home, and man is it sinking in now that he's not here a won't be for a long time.

ssramage

Congrats on raising what sounds like a great young man!

I'm 35 and I am right in the thick of it right now (2 sons ages 10 and 6, and a daughter that's 5). I left home when I was 18 and don't get to see my dad often enough these days. I am honestly dreading the day that this happens to me because my kids are my best friends as well. It seems like the time is flying by right now and it makes me feel a little guilty for stealing some of that time with my dad...

Core Lokt

Congrats man. brag on!

I don't have any boys but I'm as close to my 2 girls than anyone. They have done well and made us proud.