Day late, dollar short . . . .

ChattBuck

Unlike most of the state, up here in NW GA we've been inundated with rain all winter/spring.

Made it really hard to get into my field and get ready for dove field planting. Wasn't able to get into my field due to how wet it was, both kids playing middle school sports, and work getting in the way.

Anyway had a mad scramble this weekend and past few days trying to get it tilled up, fertilized, harrowed, etc.

Got it all ready for planting last night at about 10pm. Got up this morning at 6am and should have been able to get it most planted before I had to head to work. . . . .except the rain started.

Yesterday two weather models said we'd get NO rain today. Two others said we'd get 0.2-0.3 inches. We are currently at 0.95 and counting.

By Sunday we may have up to 3 inches of rain over 4-5 days.

It'll be late next week at the earliest until I can get back in the field. I'll be at least two weeks later than my usual planting.

I'm incredibly frustrated but I remind myself this is a hobby, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, and to remember to pray for the farmers whose livelihoods depend on such things as fickle as the weather.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
It is tuff sometimes!