Diaphragm calls

Dbender

Recommend a diaphragm, tired of trying them once and chunking them. I like a cutter or modified cutter the best. Rather spend money on a local quality call if y'all know of any. I know a lot of people like Woodhaven red wasp but it sounds and blows like Trash to me.

Dupree

I’d go with someone who calls/called competitively and makes them. Matt van cise, Sadler McGraw, Dave owens. I’ve never ran Matt van cise calls, but Sadler and Dave both make consistent calls.

turkeyhuntinfool

Call Tommy Walton at Tom Teaser Turkey Calls. Excellent diaphragms that are consistent. Local company in Madison. Calls available in a lot of retail stores and and on web. Tommy is a class guy who loves to hunt and will treat you right!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I know next to zero about diaphragm calls as I have only played with them in my living room over the years. All I'll say is this. Instead of a deep, raspy, guttural call like an old hen might sound, try a high, sweet, sounding call, or at least carry an extra one that sounds that way. My most effective slate call sounds that way. Just my 2 cents.

johnnyk2000

A few weeks ago I spent to much money on a few Kluk calls. They offer tight or no so tight reed tension on the calls. I can do things with the soft tension modified ghost and the funky purple turkinator that I have never been able to do before

cj580guitar

I used Woodhaven in the past but now have gone back to using the smaller company/local guys. I like some I got from Sadler McGraw. Nice quality calls I’m sure there are others who make just as good a call as any of the “big production” company guys

Glenn

Call Tommy Walton at Tom Teaser Turkey Calls. Excellent diaphragms that are consistent. Local company in Madison. Calls available in a lot of retail stores and and on web. Tommy is a class guy who loves to hunt and will treat you right!

I ordered two diaphragm calls from him last week that are supposed to be here Monday.

One is the Butt Naked Hen and when I saw the YouTube video of him working the call I just had to try one.

Really hard finding a small framed call that sounds good, especially the commercial calls.

Buckman18

Peckerwreckercalls.com are my favorite by far, and he is a Georgia boy

Gaswamp

Tommy is a nice guy. Use to talk with him at Turkeyrama years ago

Gaswamp

I’d go with someone who calls/called competitively and makes them. Matt van cise, Sadler McGraw, Dave owens. I’ve never ran Matt van cise calls, but Sadler and Dave both make consistent calls.
Like McGraw and Owens mouth calls. Never have run a Van Cise.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Woodhaven has always been the most consistent for me

Picked up a few Pecker Reckers and really like them, as did my BIL. Easy to run and have some calls that have the nice raspy tone that I like.

As far as a small company a few years back got a few mouth calls from 18 Feathers. Couple of folks building mouth calls in SW Alabama.

Have not run a Van Cise but have known of him for several years. Listened to him on a podcast interview and he seemed like a really good person

Glenn

Received my Tom Teaser’s Buttnaked Hen call today and have been purring, clucking, and cutt’n straight out of the jewel case.

Might order a couple more!

Gaswamp

Received my Tom Teaser’s Buttnaked Hen call today and have been purring, clucking, and cutt’n straight out of the jewel case.

Might order a couple more!
good calls

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The Flextone 3.5 reed is my go to call. I take and trim it with the scissors to make it to my liking. Has the same sound as the Knight & Hale calls from years ago