Diaphragm calls

Hawken2222

Hooks and Gooserbat are my go to diaphragms. My favorite is the hooks heartthrob.

buckpasser

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but along the lines of it, what diaphragm call holds up as well as a woodhaven to y’all? I’ve had some old copperheads sound good until the body delaminates in five plus seasons. I’ve never found another company that can do that. I don’t mind the break in period. If they sound good out of the box, they seem to be short lived.

Gaswamp

goin on 2nd season with pinhoti. Had tom teaser go 2 or 3 yrs. the best one the lasted longest is no longer made XT calls

Dupree

goin on 2nd season with pinhoti. Had tom teaser go 2 or 3 yrs. the best one the lasted longest is no longer made XT calls
Steve still makes calls. I haven’t bought any from him in a couple years though. When he quit for a year or two and I started running other people’s calls, I couldn’t run his as well any more. They also don’t seem to be consistent. Order 5 of the same call and have 2 that are money, 1 or 2 that’s good, and 1 that is a dud.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Like Buckpasser said got a few Woodhavens going on for 3-4 seasons and still have a few new backups in the fridge.

Right now I probably have 8-10 mouth calls in the fridge. This last month or so have been mostly practicing with a Pecker Wrecker because I know I can pull the Woodhaven out and not miss a beat from the last few years. Red Wasp and Toxic Orange is what I use.

returntoarchery

Call Tommy Walton at Tom Teaser Turkey Calls. Excellent diaphragms that are consistent. Local company in Madison. Calls available in a lot of retail stores and and on web. Tommy is a class guy who loves to hunt and will treat you right!
This.

unfortunately Tommy stopped making my go to mouth call - Call Girl. Had to find another supplier for a call the duplicates it the closest.

Hard to beat a woodhaven. Everyone and there brother uses pecker wreckers in Lowndes and Brooks. I dont want to sound like everyone else and woodhavens last.

Recommend a diaphragm, tired of trying them once and chunking them. I like a cutter or modified cutter the best. Rather spend money on a local quality call if y'all know of any. I know a lot of people like Woodhaven red wasp but it sounds and blows like Trash to me.
I’ve used the primos hooks for years now, I like the tone and how easy it is for me to purr with it

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Like swamprat and buckpasser said I've found none that work better for me than woodhaven.
I like the copperhead just fine. But the red and black wasp are what really works for me.

When you find a diaphram call that fits you well you'll be able to produce the best sounds with easy effort. When you find that just buy a LOT OF THEM!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Permitchaser

I’ve used Primos Limb Hangers for years. I like the way I can make all the sounds with it. I know there are better calls but I don’t feel like trying a bunch then go back to what I like

crucible02

Another vote for Sadler McGraw. His ghost cut is one of the best out there IMO. Anybody know if Del Crow is still making them? I’ve still got 3-4 of his ghost cut and v-cut and they are excellent!

Blackston

Another vote for Sadler McGraw. His ghost cut is one of the best out there IMO. Anybody know if Del Crow is still making them? I’ve still got 3-4 of his ghost cut and v-cut and they are excellent!
I got a few last year ( I ain’t sure he’s cuttin as many as he once did ) …. But in My opinion don’t nothin play like a DC custom call

Last edited:

Blackston

Del is still putting out some calls; building to order currently. Always a few of his in my vest!
He’s been a good friend for a long time , last year he sent me a variety pack and yes they are fire !!!!6E0C4898-FE87-434C-BC1A-E299C78116E6.pngill

crucible02

I got a few last year ( I ain’t sure he’s cuttin as many as he once did ) …. But in My opinion don’t nothin play like a DC custom call
That’s good to know! I’ll reach out and see if I can pick up a few. His are my favorite calls I’ve ran. McGraw is a close second

Blackston

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but along the lines of it, what diaphragm call holds up as well as a woodhaven to y’all? I’ve had some old copperheads sound good until the body delaminates in five plus seasons. I’ve never found another company that can do that. I don’t mind the break in period. If they sound good out of the box, they seem to be short lived.
I just pulled a wood haven outta my vest it was dry and crusty ….. it’s now playing just fine let sit in water for a minute