Different pear trees

sghoghunter

That’s the only one I’ve ever heard of. Do I need to plant a couple close by or are they self pollinating?

bhouston

Keiffer's are more susceptible to fire blight. Others are less so. Hallman Farms in South Carolina has several hybrids for wildlife that are less likely to suffer from blight.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
For wildlife which pears are preferred? There’s keifer,pineapple and bartlet available
I would avoid Bartlett, it is very susceptible to fireblight. The other two are also but not to the same degree. All European pears are. Oriental pears with Chinese ancestry are pretty resistant to fireblight. Orient is popular and holds up vey well for me. There are others with good resistance based on Oriental stock. A nursery in Alabama catering to wildlife plantings has a reported good one. UGA has information on the subject, go to their website and read up if you want. I planted Bartlett 40 years age and they were destroyed with fire light.

For wildlife which pears are preferred? There’s keifer,pineapple and bartlet available
Pineapple drops too early here for deer hunting. It is a blight resistant pear here. Kieffer is later dropping but gets a little fire blight for me. I've heard bad things about Bartlett but I don't grow it. In 2015 I planted 27 varieties of pear trees. I got them from Hallman Farms, The Wildlife group and various other nurseries. If I were to plant another group of pear trees, I would plant Doc's Special, Giovan, Senator Clark, Gate, Ms Laneen and Stoney Hill. I know that you said that you have only three varieties available, but I thought that I would share with you from my experience planting pear trees.

B. White

Kieffer starts dropping some here in august and continues for a long time from three full grown trees I have.

davel

I just bought a couple of brody pears. Supposed to be self fertile and produces quickly. Smaller pears for deer. Not for eating I don't think