Disc harrow recommendation

Jdgreen

Old deere pull types are good.. BW, BWA, if you can find them. Parts are EXPENSIVE, but they do a good job. That 60 will pull an 8'-10' harrow and not break a sweat..

livetohunt

6A97109A-BF11-442D-9B86-5B0EE4B8E4B4-9929-000006A0299A0DC6.jpg

86B5194F-05D3-43DA-A80A-39ABD5216E83-9929-000006A01A676FE1.jpg

Athens are nice, but expensive new. I need to find a used one like you have in the pics...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Brown is pricey but tough to beat.

Forest Grump

Here is one more I'd seriously consider if I were looking for a disk. It is one designed by Ted @ www.everythingattacments.com apparently to replace the Leinbach he used to carry. It has the screw adjustable gangs, heavy duty construction, well thought out design. It's not on the website yet, & I don't know what they want for one, but from all I have seen Ted is an honest businessman.

They have lots of equipment, even some videos on how to use some implements on their site. I found this looking on tractorbynet for something else today, & it says he's packing one for the Sunbelt Ag show in GA, so maybe it'd be near you. If not, they are in NC & regularly ship freight.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/260040-everything-attachments-new-hd-box.html

comallard

I recommend Brown, but whatever you do, spend the money. Don't go cheap on a set of disc. It will cost you more in the long run.

livetohunt

Alot of good information from everyone. I will continue looking for a good used harrow, and will buy a good quality product when I finally do get one...Hard to find good used ones, but Im sure one will pop up before springtime..

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Didn't know you were looking for used. What part of the state are you in or willing to go?
Little late but there was an auction or two today near Athens.