DIY Wood Box Blind Or Millennium Buck Hut?

gadeerwoman

Glad somebody else uses waterproof insulation boards. Lightweight, cheap and will hold up for several years. Good way to camo box stands cheaply is to run stock wire around (cut out where your openings are) and zip tie branches and limbs to the wire. Helps break up the "blocky" shape that often spooks deer. Easy to replace them as needed.

fmfa0801

For cost effectiveness, it's hard to beat an Academy Quad Pod with the blind kit. I've been using one for the last 4 or so years with my kids. It takes some redneck ingenuity and strong backs to move them, but they're solid once in place. I routinely hunt myself and my two boys in mine.

Do you have any pics of the platform/seating and inside the blind ?

Now if you want to take two of your Grand children with you!

That's a good looking stand. How L x W x T? any more pics of lumber list?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
There's a thousand ways to skin this cat and if everybody will sit still for just a minute somebody else is gonna come up with number 1,001.

My problem is I don't have enough land for 1,000 stands. :bounce:
My ideal stand would be a trolly system like a ski lift. Hop in at camp and ease on in there. Stop where u wish. Nothing like ruffing it. :rofl:

00Beau

Millenium buck Hut is awsome ! I actually made mine mobile. Take off top, road ready! If I did ever build another wooden box it would have the same dimensions as the Buck Hut not square.

Attachments

• 20221112_124133.jpg
    20221112_124133.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20221110_135103.jpg
    20221110_135103.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 25

davel

For cost effectiveness, it's hard to beat an Academy Quad Pod with the blind kit. I've been using one for the last 4 or so years with my kids. It takes some redneck ingenuity and strong backs to move them, but they're solid once in place. I routinely hunt myself and my two boys in mine.

View attachment 1225005
I have 2 and love them. problem is you can't find them anymore.

Jeff Holt

I like the wooden self built myself. Made the walls from some x-large pallets I had available, finished 63"x63"x 6' high . Had to build the floor and roof but saves a lot and it turned out great. Maybe check around some businesses near you or if your near Ne Ga. hit me up as we always have extra pallets