DIY Wood Box Blind Or Millennium Buck Hut?

Walls are 5 foot high length is 5 foot and width is 5 foot. When you rip your wood down in size, it increases the inside space. they’re advantages to maximizing interior space without having to build A 4x8 two people can sit side by side in this comfortable. Once I put the roof on it will have an inside height of about 6’2 in the center. It will have a gable roof on it like on a house

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Hunted out of these for years.
8' tall 4'x4' platform. Roof height is 60" sloped to 50" Sides and top are a waterproof type of insulation board
Built for around $100.
Used scrouged up wood. Only costs were the landscape timber legs and and screws and bolts.

I prefer to build my own stands, rather than buy pre-made, but then I am a DIY type guy and don't like to spend alot of money on stuff I can build. YMMV

2013-11-04 16.22.15.jpg

Jim Boyd

Hunted out of these for years.
8' tall 4'x4' platform. Roof height is 60" sloped to 50" Sides and top are a waterproof type of insulation board
Built for around $100.
Used scrouged up wood. Only costs were the landscape timber legs and and screws and bolts.

I prefer to build my own stands, rather than buy pre-made, but then I am a DIY type guy and don't like to spend alot of money on stuff I can build. YMMV

View attachment 1224578
Great work there

basshappy

BANNED
For the faded canvas folk have any dyed using rit dye or similar?

The fading wouldn't bother me as I would prefer to have a break up pattern on the exterior.

Jim Boyd

For the faded canvas folk have any dyed using rit dye or similar?

The fading wouldn't bother me as I would prefer to have a break up pattern on the exterior.
Spray paint!

ssramage

For cost effectiveness, it's hard to beat an Academy Quad Pod with the blind kit. I've been using one for the last 4 or so years with my kids. It takes some redneck ingenuity and strong backs to move them, but they're solid once in place. I routinely hunt myself and my two boys in mine.

IMG_5168.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There's a thousand ways to skin this cat and if everybody will sit still for just a minute somebody else is gonna come up with number 1,001.

My problem is I don't have enough land for 1,000 stands. :bounce:

There's a thousand ways to skin this cat and if everybody will sit still for just a minute somebody else is gonna come up with number 1,001.

My problem is I don't have enough land for 1,000 stands. :bounce:
Since you put it like that…. Let me get back to the drawing board