Do you find it ethical to shoot a wild hog and let it lay?

Do you find it ethical to shoot a wild hog and let it lay.

• Total voters

fireman1501

some of you that brought up yotes,what do you think happens to the hogs that you let lay.The yotes come from miles around to enjoy the free meals.then you have problems with yotes and hogs.For those that dont want to pay for processing,learn to do it yourself,thats what I do and it dont cost a thing.Now I have never been on private land that the land owner let get so out of hand that they are just over run with hogs but guess it happens.maybe trapping would be a better way to get rid of them.I know some people the used to trap and catch hogs that made good money selling them,especially the boars, to places charge to hunt them.after deer season you may could even charge for day hunts for hog and make enough to pay for the lease or food plots.
That gives me a good idea kill the hogs and use them for yote bait to get the yotes. thanks:shoot::shoot::shoot:

Joe Brandon

2020 how yall feeling about them now? Any difference in opinion? I know in 12 years the population has all but exploded. I personally don't care to fool with one but as a hunter feel a sense of responsibility to do my part in hunting them.

Bullochcountyhunter

I've killed 8 since October, all but two were turned into dinner. Those two stank so bad I was gagging just dragging them out of food plot. And this made me think of another question, what about people that have crop permits and just let the deer lay to rot? How do y'all feel about that?

LittleDrummerBoy

Varmints can be left to lay. Wild hogs are more varmints to most than natural resources that must be utilized.

sghoghunter

Mine changed. Then I was a dog hunter and wanted then behind every tree and didn't have them on my deer hunting land. Now I haven't dropped a dog in close to 3 yrs and have them where I deer hunt. Now days my dog of choice is a 300blk topped with a Pulsar thermal,electric golfcart and a place in the woods to bait up the yotes with dead hogs

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Lets keep this clean so the thread don't get shut down. If you want to voice your opinion do so but I ask that you don't debate each others opinions, there are othere threads out there for that.
Been up sence 2008. ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m sure I’ve killed over a hundred and I’ve never killed one that hasn’t been eaten by someone , even if I had to clean it and take it to them

Swamprat

Swamprat
Off and on for the last few years the hogs get bad....we just shoot em in the gut and don't think twice.

I have had my fill of hog killing for meat and now could care less if I saw another one.

stonecreek

I cast my vote. I have been chasing hogs with dogs or shooting them since the early 80s. There is a difference between hunting hogs for sport and eliminating hogs. Have done both. But the vast majority is plain elimination. We have owned the family farm since '55 and it is row cropped. I hunt this as well as 2 other bordering farms. Small market farmers not the mega operations. Every acre counts with us. So we do are best to protect every acre. If someone wants one I will make the effort to provide it. But I expect some effort from them to receive the hog. Other than that we remove them from the fields and then hunt yotes over the bait dumps we create.

transfixer

We have some that come and go on our property, as of yet I haven't killed one, I don't kill anything I don't intend to eat as a rule, exception being varmints, coyotes, etc, I put feral hogs in that category, but they're somewhat different as they are great to eat as a rule, although I probably won't try to eat a big stinky boar hog if I happen to put one down, but I'll make that determination at the time, if I killed a big 300+lb hog so far into the woods getting it out would be a major chore, I probably would take the hams and backstrap and leave the rest, cases like I don't consider it a waste as other animals will end up eating the remains, or even the whole thing if that were the case, Any of the smaller eating size pigs I would not want to leave where they lay, I'd utilize the meat or if too many , find someone who would.