Dodge, Telfair, Wheeler counties

Mrbowdeadly

Good deal horsecreek, LOL on the finger shooting.

MBD

Donkeytoe

Well – that was the shortest cold front ever. Was cool for about 24 hours and then right back to the same warm weather. Had four of us at camp this weekend and had one doe shot. I saw 1 doe in the food plot on Friday evening and three foxes. Pretty neat animals. On Saturday evening I say a yearling spike, three does and my new freak buck – the cork screw. He was a 1.5-2.5 year old buck with about 12 inch spikes but they actually looked like cork screws on his head. I almost shot him just because he was so unique. However, he did show up and ran off the does I was watching and going to harvest. Other guys didn’t see much. Food plots look great.

Got to meet Max at the BBQ and showed me a picture of the buck he harvested three years ago across the road. Said it scored 156. Really impressive.

Got another camper set up at the lease too so we now have a small city there.

When I get time i'll have to explain that little buck rack to you.

Also hung out with JD's wife and daughter - interesting girls to say the least :eek:

Bowhunter24

Good deal donkytoe its always good to go up and see deer. who shot the doe, was it killed on a foodplot or in the woods? Anybody else see any bucks? I think u want ol jd's daughter dont ya LOL :bounce: when are yall going back up. Me and my grandfather and mrbowdeadly are headin up tomm afternoon and gonna hunt thru sun. Its encore time i cant wait my new rifle wants to loose its virginity this weekend. Might even get a smokepole in bowdeadly's hands also gonna have to call him mr muzzledeadly lol. HC why in the world were in a treestand with out a weapon?? ::huh: When are u headin back up to the woods. Hope to have a good report on sun ttyl :shoot:

horsecreek

bud, I dont know.. well I do...
got in some "trouble"
let me tell you...never throw a remote at the wall and the wife think it was at her and during an argument!!!!!
I went BYE BYE.. YEAH, I didnt think they could either!
I wasnt staying home though. A day in the stand, weapon or not is better than sitting at home doing nothing.
i needd the break as well. nice "being outdoors" if you know what I mean.
hope to have straightend out in few weeks and able to take gun!
as tracey would say--Lesson learned...
wait--bad example :bounce: :bounce:

Bowhunter24

well just got back home and it wasnt a bad weekend weather was nice. I killed another doe, just call me the doemaster LOL, and my grandpa also killed 2 does so pretty decent, MBD seen some deer but couldnt get a shot. Seen a few more scrapes hopfully things will be hot when we go back up in november. On a sad note, both of the beagles are gone, were thinkin somebody might have picked them up, cause they always come back to camp, hope they show up. ::;

Donkeytoe

Sorry to hear about the dogs. Hope they show up. Sounds like you had a productive trip. When were the deer moving more - early or late? Been looking at the waather waiting for the big cold snap but doesn't look like its coming this week either. I guess that's ok as long as it comes that week in November when i plan to stay up there. Did MBD use a gun this week or is he still trying to play cowboys and indians? Don't know much else. Went fishing yeasterday and caught some King fish. Couldn't find any grouper though. When you going up again?

Bowhunter24

I plan on going back up on nov 5th and staying for a week so ill com back home the following sunday. I shot my deer in the evening at 6:50 , that morning though i stayed in my stand untill 11 am and i seen a lil doe at 10:40 am i didnt shoot her though she was very small. MBD usued a rifle i couldnt belive it :speechles he seen his deer in the evening also, my grandpa killed his does in the morning around 8:30. Weather was cool in the mornings, hope a cold front pushed threw to get the bucks in gear when we go back up. Who are yall takin ur deer to to get proccesed? We been takin ours to barlows just outside of chauncy, its a brand new building very clean and super nice people, its $35 for a cooler deer which i dont think is to bad. Ill post a pic of my doe when my grandpa send it to me, he is going up on wed to look for the dogs, hope they are found. ::;

horsecreek

well, got finall news today...
Im camera hunting all season... :banginghe :banginghe :( :(
whats another yr letting em walk, right....right???????? :whip:

Ill just pretend Im a guide for my dad....that should eas my mind.....
YEAH RIGHT!

Donkeytoe

Dude - Bad news! :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like you need to get out of that situation. ASAP!!! does that include bow hunting as well? It's hard to win a he said she said game. Pack up and run ::gone:

BH24 - I am thinking about showing up in GA on the 8th or 9th - going to Tennessee for first part of week. Visit old friends and do a little squirrel hunting as well. How many of you are going to be there during the week in Nov?

MBD - welcome to the age of modern firearms. :bounce:

Donkeytoe

BH24 - Heard about your problems - that Sucks! Tried to call you yesterday but guess your phone was stolen as well. If I can help you just let me know. When you get caught up again give me a ring.

Bowhunter24

Man i hate a theif that was a nighmare getting my truck and my trailor stolen, with out it i can make no money. Well it was founf that evening so i was very lucky, they stole my phone, my wallet my pistol, broke into my trailor and stole 2 hammers, and i feel really bad for MBD he had left his hunting stuff in the back of my truck, his stand, camo boots etc and the took it all. I hope they find the people who took the stuff and my truck but they prolly never will, MBD is huntin in illinois right now maybe he will be rewarded with a huge buck for having his stuff taken, i let him borrow my insulated camo and boots, and game him one of my climbers so hopefully he will connect. We did get the dogs back so that was a good also, so if u need a trackin dog we are back in buisness :D Im still planing to go up on fri and stay threw the following weekend, been hearing reports of some bucks chasing does up there so hopefully things will be hot when we get up there. I also tied up another piece of property on the other side of chauncy to hunt on its like 90-100 acres but hasnt had any pressure on it so im prolly gonna hunt over there a bit also. Its definitly gonna be me my uncle and my grandpa for most of the week dont know about andy and MBD is up chasing monsters up north so hopefully we can lay some big bucks down.

Donkeytoe

Glad you got most of your stuff back and the dogs! Can't wait for the weekend. I will likely be up there by myself for a good bit of the time. At least until Thursday the way it looks now. How great is that! :yeah:

I will likely go up on Sunday since am suppose to go spear fishing on Saturday if the weather cooperates. Will have to wait and see. Going to be a fun weekend. I can hardly sleep. This is better than Christmas. Where is the new tract you got your hands on? ::ke: ::ke:

We'll have to hang out next week for a while and tell stories :shoot: :shoot:

Bowhunter24

Well when u get up there and if ur boared swing on by we will be there, we will have to have a non alchohic camp fire though cause my grandfather will be there but u are more than welcome to come by, i know it can get boaring being up there by yourself. U being the only one hunting there for a few days i will be really surprised if u dont hammer a good buck. The new property i got is off of a dirt road off 165 about 4-5 miles outside chauncy, its not big prolly about 70 acres but it looks to be in the right area alot of agricultre around it usually where theres lots of food should be a decent buck around, im gonna check it out sat after i hunt. I have a phone back so give me a ring cause i dont have ur # cause it was in my old phone. Talk to ya later, p.s. supse to be like 40 sat morning should be awsome hunting :yeah:

Bowhunter24

well i ended up getting my work done by today so we will prolly leave today around 1 or 2, im excited especially after that front pass threw today they should be moving all over the woods the next few days. Gonna be nice and cold they should be getting real rutty by now, i hope they are anyway. I havent hurd from MBD so i dont know if he has got anything up there yet. I hope i get me a big one this week, my encore needs to kill a buck now, i already know it can kill does. About when will u be up there Karl?

Donkeytoe

I really will be a good week. Looks liek another front later next week as well. Not sure exactly when I will be going up. Am suppose to go spear fishing offshore saturday but weather looks not so good. If I go spear fishing I will be up there in time to hunt Sunday pm. Otherwise may end up going to Ocala to friends lakehouse and then going up Late Sunday. Regardless I will definitely be in the tree by Monday morning! Can't wait. :fine: I hope the deer are in the foodplots too. I want Mr Grande to visit. one of those 150 class boys would be ok with me ;)

I'll be over to visit you guys early next week. Good luck and save me one.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: I'm happy

Going to the Ducks Unlimited banquet in Bartow tonight so maybe i'll have a new gun to play with if the raffles go my way. ::;

Bowhunter24

How did u guys do the rest of the week donkeytoe, andy ended up killing one thursday night so we killed a total of 6 that week, we came home thursday night, i hurd it was a really good weekend though, im heading back up on thursday to hunt the upcoming weekend.

Donkeytoe

What a great week! Didn't bring any meat home with me but that's ok. ed up seeing 13 different bucks over the weekend and not one was over 6 points - only 2 does. Talk about using restraint.... Kevin arrived to hunt Friday morning and sat te big hill we planted. not 5 minutes in the stand and "big boy" runs past him chasing a doe - no shot - caught with his gun down. He shot a doe that afternoon and we could not find her - think he shot high because could not find blood. That sucked! Too bad you had already left.

I did find where the big boy is living - can't wait to see if I get him on the trail cam. next time back I am hunting him only!

This QDM really tests you... :banginghe :banginghe

Donkeytoe

i'm going up this weekend as soon as I can suck down some Turkey on Thursday. Hope the moon doesn't cause too many problems. Looks like it's going to be cool out. Should be fun. Somebody (probably the kids we ran off tresspassing a few weeks ago) tried to shoot our lock off the front wire this past week. Must not be too smart because they used bird shot. skinned some paint off the pole but i'm sure they got burned with the ricochet from it. Would like to have seen that! Finally developed my trail cam pics and have several 8 pointers - of course all at night! Several over the scrape I sat for 5 days as well! :mad: Oh well all you can do is try. You going up Travis or MR BD?

horsecreek

whats this hunting thing yall are doing.. I done forgot what it is.... :bounce: :bounce:

i hope to get up after christmas for 1 more last weekend..
Im gonna "film"...... ;) ;) :bounce: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
got everything signed!!!! :yeah: :yeah: and ::gone: ::gone:

donkey, maybee when I get up we can all hang out one night and tell stories...