Dodge, Telfair, Wheeler counties

Bowhunter24

Yes i will be going up, me and my grandpa are leaving fri morning and coming home tuesday. I havent been on cause i canceled my aol and havent got a new service yet but i do intened to get another provider. Went up last weekend and did not see anything, with the cold front coming threw opefully the deer will be moving. I had my camera over on the new place the guy is letting me hunt and got a pic of a big 10 pt so that got me xcited so i will be hunting over there alot this weekend. Yall have a good thanksgiving and ill talk with yall later.

horsecreek

got word from guys next to me..
last sat eve one took an 11pt ( 9pt with kickers off brow tines)180lbs chasing a doe.. 6pt seen a few times. One larger buck but no shot was presented. Other 8pt seen on powerline.
other than that not alot of deer movent as normall.
All that letin walk, not hunting in the right place(ha),misses, and little preasure is paying off.
Very happy for those guys....
I wonder whats lerking in the 100acres....??? ::huh: :banginghe :banginghe

I MISS IT SO BAD!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Bowhunter24

sounds like things are heating up over there on ur place HC. Came back from this past weekend and killed a another doe, another guy on our lease killed 2 does. Not sure when im going back up, i may not go till end of season, i have plenty of meat in the freezer so im content now. Hey HC can u send me the # of they guy u lease from again, i would apprceiate it.

horsecreek

IM GOIN UP FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

just to get camper though and bring back saturday... :bounce: :bounce:

let yall know if I run into a deer walking around...
nobody said I cant use a knife......LOL
Just have to worry about one like in avatar--hes got 8 knives on his head.....

Last edited:

Bowhunter24

where has everybody went to?? Just checkin up on everyone maiking sure everything is good. Anybody been to the woods? I havent been sence thanksgiving, i have 6 deer in the freezer so i have been happy, i think i will go up the last weekend for 3 or 4 days and i will be done for the year till turkey time.

Donkeytoe

Well I haven't been up since thanksgiving because of work and schedule. I hope to go up over New Years weekend and get in one more hunt. Will see how things play out. One guy went up last week but said he didn't see anything. Weather looks cold up there for this weekend. I bet they are hammering the food plots. Anything else new to report up that way?

Bowhunter24

Well guys it was nice huntin in the same county and shareing stores but i have jumped counties. My lease was sold, but i would have gave it up anyway, i am now a member of turner county. I leased out 660 acres of family land that has never been leased, it looks really good, lots of deer sign and plenty of big deer sign. I guess im gonna have to start a new thread this season with dodge,telfair and turner county reports, as i enjoyed sharing hunting stories. How is everyone off season going so far?

horsecreek

Im really missing it..mainly casue I didnt get to go this yr..

I cant wait till in the stand again.....

Donkeytoe

Allright a new place for me to go hunting!! :yeah: :yeah: i can't wait til you get the stands set up for me. :rofl:

Hope it turns out good for you.

Bowhunter24

I hope it works out to, as i have the oputunity to make this a long term lease which would be nice, im tired of changing places. Yall gonna do any turkey hunting this year. How many deer did yall end up killing for the year. Karl have u bought u a muzzleloader yet ::ke: :D

horsecreek

just got off phone with owner--LAND WENT UP BIG TIME...
300acres-- 3300.00 and 120acres-1000.00...
He got soemone for the 300 already..I gave him the ok to lease it out cause I wasnt paying that much for it.

welp, Im out!!!
all that time and letting walk.. oh well..

I was really looking forward to next season- esp with not even hunting the 100 but 1 weekend this yr. saw 1 nice buck and dad took 2 deer.

if I can get someone to help hunt the 120 with me I would like to keep it..just low on funds this yr!!