Does anybody hunt dry?

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Other than wearin` camo clothes, I hunt for the most part just like I did 40 years ago. I ain`t complainin` none. I also refuse to pay hard-earned money for something that comes outa the hind end of a deer. :D

Win270Brown

I only use scent sprays-ie Scent Away, Scent Killer. I have tried urine scents before but never had any luck. I don't know that I'll ever use scents again.

DBM78

Yall are missing out. You need to get you some Whiffer Trails doe in heat lure. Its the real deal. Can only get it at certin sporting goods stores but it works. Tinks and Code Blue are just a rip off.

Hoyt

I saw one of them Knight or Hale boys..don't know which one's which..in a tree the other day on TV wearing what looked like a Ninja Suit..or whatever you call them things. Those black body suits than go over you head, with only an opening for your eyes.
You talk'n bout look'n goofy..he kept pulling the part under his nose down so he could talk to the camera man. Those deer they hunt don't mind movement and talk anyway...but
I hope he got paid good for that episode.
Just don't know what them boys won't do for a dollar...and I kinda thought them two were pretty much above it all ..before.

P

potsticker

aint this great we all finnaly decided that scent dont work and we think we can our smart a deer. Well he is in the woods every day trying to cover his butt Everything from a bobcat to youtes and ferral dogs try to use him in the food chain.Then comes September and mr. stinkey tries his luck. He climbes a tree and sits in ambush, like this hasnt been tried before. Most deer i encounter are looking up in every tree around because thats where we are! Lets face it all the camo and all the scent blocker will not fool a 5 or 6 year old buck. Only a doe that smells good can do that.!

edited for typing around the censor...jim

Glassman

I do use scent away and planted a plot for the first time this year. That being said I prefer to hunt in the woods opposed to a clearcut.

My philosophy is to find what the deer need and they will come to it! Find where you need to be and become part of the landscape.

Count Down

Other than wearin` camo clothes, I hunt for the most part just like I did 40 years ago. I ain`t complainin` none. I also refuse to pay hard-earned money for something that comes outa the hind end of a deer. :D

Only words of wisdom from none other than Nicodemus.....:bounce:

Fishin & Hunting

I don't use scents also. I have tried them out, but can't tell any difference. The only thing that I do is to wash my clothes in baking soda, and keep them away from smoke and stuff. I also wash my hunting clothes after almost every use to keep them scent free as much as possible.

MCBUCK

I only use one "urine scent" :bounce:
Don't laugh...it's all natural, and I have seen several bucks and does alike stick their nose right in it , lick it , than go right about their business. And I don't even have to carry it in one of those little brown bottles:bounce:

THREEJAYS

I just shower w/ a nonscented soap,keep my cloths washed w/same and change at the truck each time

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Clothes are in Ziplocs with scent disks - "Fresh Earth". That's it for me. Combo Fawn bleat/Buck grunt call, bottle of water, knife, flashlight, weapon and that's it.

I don't kill many deer, but I do see quite a few. I have never used any kinds of attractive scents successfully, but I do use Scent-A-Way spray frequently. The best buck I've ever killed with a bow walked across my scent trail with his nose down sucking up acorns and never knew I was there. There was a sunny spot where some grass had grown about a foot tall on the trail and I just knew he was going to smell me, but he walked right through it and didn't.