Does Texas own the SEC?

Jetjockey

Do the Longhorns own the SEC? 4-1 all time vs UGA, 7-2-1 all time vs Bama, and in both Bama wins against UT, UT’s QB went down in the first quarter. Plus, an all time winning percentage of 67% against current SEC teams, which is much better than UGA, and only slightly behind Bama’s all time percentage against the SEC. So that begs the question, do the Longhorns own the SEC??

Jetjockey

Lord, please give us a UGA-Texas matchup in the playoffs. Gonna be fun watching the Dawgs stomp an orange colored greasy spot into the turf.
Weren’t they suppose to do that a few years ago when #14 UT ran all over #5 UGA in the Sugar Bowl?

Geffellz18

Possible, but playing one on one matchups-most likely in bowl games vs. week in, week out in the conference is two very different scenarios.
Glad they and OU are heading into the SEC-Two historically great programs with a rich history and a strong, passionate fan base that travels well.
What I’m not liking too much is the major changes and $$$$ driving said changes.
College ball is becoming more and more like NFL and I don’t care to watch the NFL.
Students basically being drafted through the portal-No commitment to the team you selected on signing day & you’re seeing many 4-5* players not playing to their upmost potential since they are already earning Millions for their “likeness”. Why even do signing day anymore-Many will be flipped within a season or two. May as well just draft the kids out of high school.
Both should fare well in the SEC however.

ddavis1120

UT is 1 and 3 the last five seasons against the SEC. Not sure that makes them a renter much less an owner.

Hats off to them last night though. Won the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Honest question; a decade ago would a Saban team lost both lines of scrimmage and have a center dribble the ball back to the QB a dozen times? I think he is getting out coached on a regular basis these days.

Arrow3

From the games I've watched so far, Texas and Florida State have looked the best.

My Dawgs have a ways to go.

bullgator

UT is 1 and 3 the last five seasons against the SEC. Not sure that makes them a renter much less an owner.

Hats off to them last night though. Won the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Honest question; a decade ago would a Saban team lost both lines of scrimmage and have a center dribble the ball back to the QB a dozen times? I think he is getting out coached on a regular basis these days.
Sounds to me like his practice sessions aren’t what they should be.

kingfish

Texas owns Richard !!! Other than an over inflated opinion of themselves and their importance in college football. Let's see how they're doing in 5 years. 18 years since their last Natty and 13 of those years it was won by an SEC school.

bullgator

Texas now has everything a school needs to get great. They’ve always been surrounded with instate talent. Add the NIL money available to them and tell recruits they get to be a part of the SEC…..

Whitefeather

Management Material
Kills me every time someone brings up the past in college football. The teams change so much year to year that it’s comparing apples to bananas