Does Texas own the SEC?

Big7

The Oracle
Remains to be seen what this year's UGA team would/can do with the Longhorns but no way they beat last year's or year before UGA team.

I don't think anyone could have beat them.
Possibly the best college team ever assembled and the coaching was beyond excellent.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Texas now has everything a school needs to get great. They’ve always been surrounded with instate talent. Add the NIL money available to them and tell recruits they get to be a part of the SEC…..
This is what I've been saying, and definitely afraid of. Now that they're in the mighty SEC, and NIL is a thing, I expect that oil Tycoon money to flow even greater to support them. They'll have the funds that I seriously doubt any other school will be able to compete with. Not even close! Their rise to greatness may not take long, and after what I saw last night, they appear to be ahead of schedule. I sure hope I'm wrong, though, because I can't stand Texas.

Big7

The Oracle
This is what I've been saying, and definitely afraid of. Now that they're in the mighty SEC, and NIL is a thing, I expect that oil Tycoon money to flow even greater to support them. They'll have the funds that I seriously doubt any other school will be able to compete with. Not even close! Their rise to greatness may not take long, and after what I saw last night, they appear to be ahead of schedule. I sure hope I'm wrong, though, because I can't stand Texas.
I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of difference.

The Bulldog Alum got big money deep pockets too and even the not so wealthy ones are fanatical. They would probably make sure the Dawgs were funded right on up there with eating and paying the light bill.

But... The state of Texas ain't exactly in the Southeast region of the United States and they have no business being in the conference.
Big money or not.

bullgator

Keep an eye on USC too.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Do the Longhorns own the SEC? 4-1 all time vs UGA, 7-2-1 all time vs Bama, and in both Bama wins against UT, UT’s QB went down in the first quarter. Plus, an all time winning percentage of 67% against current SEC teams, which is much better than UGA, and only slightly behind Bama’s all time percentage against the SEC. So that begs the question, do the Longhorns own the SEC??
In the infamous words of Lee Courso, "Not so fast my friend!".

Not sure where you got your data but..............here is what I found with a little research.
1694380346144.png
Now that's including 2 teams that are no longer SEC and excluding 3 that are. Let's add in Vanderbilt.
1694380455960.png
3-8-1 vs Vanderbilt??????!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!
Now USCe.
1694380595892.png
0-1 VS USCe????!!!!!! Double OUCH!!!!!!!
And in all fairness TAMU.
1694380720149.png
OK, OK, they do own TAMU.

Also just for FULL disclosure, those records against Vandy are PRE 1930 and USCe was in the 50's.

So, vs CURRENT SEC teams they have won 108 of 183 games for a ~59% winning percentage. Add in Oklahoma
1694381152603.png
and you can drop that to just under 57%.

Lastly, and MOST importantly IMHO, their record since 2000 is as follows.
vs Oklahoma
1694381358430.png
vs TAMU
1694381444961.png
and the rest of the SEC
1694381552287.png
Now we have to drop Tulane, because they've played them twice this century so that brings us to a total of 48 games played in which they are 24-24 for a whopping 50% winning percentage.

Yeah..................., I'm gonna go with NO, they DON'T "own" the SEC. Are they competitive? Yeah, maybe. Did they just beat a traditional powerhouse team? Yes. Was it the same Alabama team we've come to know under Saban? Definitely not. Regardless, congrats to them for what they accomplished and if they keep it up for another 10 weeks, well they just might get a shot at the REIGNING King.

Jetjockey

In the infamous words of Lee Courso, "Not so fast my friend!".

Not sure where you got your data but..............here is what I found with a little research.
View attachment 1253256
Now that's including 2 teams that are no longer SEC and excluding 3 that are. Let's add in Vanderbilt.
View attachment 1253257
3-8-1 vs Vanderbilt??????!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!
Now USCe.
View attachment 1253258
0-1 VS USCe????!!!!!! Double OUCH!!!!!!!
And in all fairness TAMU.
View attachment 1253259
OK, OK, they do own TAMU.

Also just for FULL disclosure, those records against Vandy are PRE 1930 and USCe was in the 50's.

So, vs CURRENT SEC teams they have won 108 of 183 games for a ~59% winning percentage. Add in Oklahoma
View attachment 1253260
and you can drop that to just under 57%.

Lastly, and MOST importantly IMHO, their record since 2000 is as follows.
vs Oklahoma
View attachment 1253261
vs TAMU
View attachment 1253262
and the rest of the SEC
View attachment 1253263
Now we have to drop Tulane, because they've played them twice this century so that brings us to a total of 48 games played in which they are 24-24 for a whopping 50% winning percentage.

Yeah..................., I'm gonna go with NO, they DON'T "own" the SEC. Are they competitive? Yeah, maybe. Did they just beat a traditional powerhouse team? Yes. Was it the same Alabama team we've come to know under Saban? Definitely not. Regardless, congrats to them for what they accomplished and if they keep it up for another 10 weeks, well they just might get a shot at the REIGNING King.
That’s a long post for a post full of incorrect information.

ddgarcia

Jetjockey

Incorrect according to who? A Texas homer site?????!!!! Seriously, you're gonna believe THAT over a neutral stat keeping site?
http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/teams/index.shtml (MY source)
Well, UT and Bama have played each other 11 times, not 8, like your stats say. So there is that.

Texas’ All-Time Record vs. SEC teams

• Alabama: 8-2-1
  • Arkansas: 56-23
  • Auburn: 5-3
  • Florida: 2-0-1
  • Georgia: 4-1
  • Kentucky: 1-0
  • LSU: 9-8-1
  • Mississippi State: 2-2
  • Missouri: 18-6
  • Ole Miss: 6-2
  • South Carolina: 0-1
  • Tennessee: 2-1
  • Texas A&M: 76-37-5
  • Vanderbilt: 3-8-1

Last edited:

ddgarcia

Well, UT and Bama have played each other 11 times, not 8, like your stats say. So there is that.
Again, according to who? Were you at all 11 meetings? Know someone who was? Or again, just relying on your homer site info?

Jetjockey

Again, according to who? Were you at all 11 meetings? Know someone who was? Or again, just relying on your homer site info?
Um, according to history.

Your stats are wrong.

ddgarcia

Ok, upon a little further research on the same site, I find the same but why on the aggregate page for UT vs SEC the stats are not the same. My error.

I don't know why THAT page is in error when all the other pages for individual matchups agrees with your stats. I stand corrected sir.

Big7

The Oracle
Ain’t much good in Austin, TX… It might as well be California
Rong...

I think you mean Mexico City. :bounce:

But anyhow, Texas prolly can't beat Georgia THIS YEAR regardless of what happened in the past.

Bulldogs are just to good and if it's a home game, forget about it.

Big7

The Oracle
You clearly have no frame of reference. Austin is widely known as a hot spot for California transplants

Yuppie crowds, homeless in streets, junkies all about. Any and every overpass has hundreds of homeless underneath it. It’s bad, worse I’ve seen anywhere I’ve ever been
May be but there ain't no shortage of Illegals anywhere in Texas and haven't been for a while.
Arizona, New Mexico, California, coming to a city near you if it ain't already. I was in Gainesville, Ga about 3 weeks ago and looked like a cotton ball in a coal pile. NOBODY was speaking English. They are everywhere.

But I ain't going out there anyway so they can have at it.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You clearly have no frame of reference. Austin is widely known as a hot spot for California transplants

Yuppie crowds, homeless in streets, junkies all about. Any and every overpass has hundreds of homeless underneath it. It’s bad, worse I’ve seen anywhere I’ve ever been
Hot bed of liberals is what that place is.

Latest posts