Double Entry

Maybe someone can help me out here. I shot this guy with my T/C Saturday morning at about 40 yards. I had a clean sight picture with no brush bustin. He ran about 40 yards and dropped right in front of me. When i checked him out he had no exit wound but it looks like i shot twice. Any ideas?
1017090946am.jpg

bowhntr

We need more info ; what kind of T/C it was , round ball or sabot ,inline or reproduction Kentucky.

Sorry about that I see your handle is Omega Hunter but we still need more info !!!!!

a little more info...

T/C Omega 50 cal, 250 grain Shockwaves with two of the 777 Magnum pellets. I did not find the bullet when I cleaned him but his whole boiler room was destroyed. He ran right in front of my stand into the middle of a little foodplot. Neither front leg was doing much and you could tell he was dead man running.

One more, I was holding on the hole at the top of the shoulder not the one at the neck.

miles58

Banned yankee
If you're shooting sabots that are tough enough to hold together out to forty yards and make a hole in the hide, they'll make holes in paper. Sabots normally fall off and hit the ground at 20 to 50 feet.

The bullet turned and came back out. Weird things can happen with lead core bullets. This was one of them.

hawgrider1200

If you're shooting sabots that are tough enough to hold together out to forty yards and make a hole in the hide, they'll make holes in paper. Sabots normally fall off and hit the ground at 20 to 50 feet.

The bullet turned and came back out. Weird things can happen with lead core bullets. This was one of them.

I agree, looks to me like ur bullet bounced off a rib or something and turned around to come out the same side it went in on. Good luck for u?

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
It looks like a bullet fragment to me..are you sure that a lil twig or something in the way didn't cause bullet seperation. I had the same thing happen to me in an open field with a ballistic tip bullet.. nothing there I thought.. but it grazed some broom sage and caused the bullet to come apart. I thought that it exited but upon further inspection..I found a piece of copper jacket had cut to other hole and the main bullet portion did the deed with no exit wound. JMHO

bobman

We both shot at the same time I actually killed it, but you were so excited I didn't want to say anything::ke:

Yes I'm kidding but when I go pheasant hunting with one of my friends ( he is unbelievably cocky as can be about his shooting) I used to carry a empty shell shotgun shell in my pocket.

Everytime he made a good shot I would break open my gun have that shell hidden in my hand pretend to take it out of my gun and swear we shot at the same time

I had a lot of fun with that:biggrin2:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
no idea about the extra hole...although it might have already been there.

BUT congrats on the deer!