Douglas, Carroll Hunting Report

Rem 700

I saw 3 does opening day with no fawns. I was able to take one missed another. Then tuesday evening saw two does and a six point. I was able to take another doe and these does did not have fawns either which i thought was strange. Saturday morning the 18th saw four bucks in a bachelor group three six's and the one from tuesday was not in this group and also one two year old 8 point with about a 13 inch spread. luckily i decided to carry my video camera and i filmed them the biggest six rubbed a sapling about the size of a quarter for a few minutes and they all gorged on white oak acorns knocked out from Ivan. They were about seventy yards down the ridge from me. I have pictures of these same four bucks in our pasture under an apple tree. Maybe a three year old will show up soon. Hunted the same stand sunday afternoon and saw 21 turkey's no deer.

Jamie townsend

GABOWHUNTER

Hunting Location

Are you hunting mostly hardwood, foodplots, bedding areas or travel corridors? What is your setup?

Thanks

eric

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Glad you are seeing and taking deer....now get back on em.

I moved this over to the Middle Ga reports.

Jim

Rem 700

Reply on setup

I was hunting the top of a hardwood ridge that had a creek at the bottom. Shot two does on the top of the ridge. Then i saw all the bucks down the ridge there is like a little area that flattens out that runs parralel with the ridge then it drops off again steep straight down to the creek. I'm not sure what that is supposed to be called but the deer are traveling it. Could someone that knows what that is called please tell me. I am hunting over white oaks the ground is green with them. It is my grandad's farm 700 or so acres and i live on it so i hunt about every day I am 27 i have been hunting it pretty much every day since i was 12 so i know the deer patterns pretty good. We have about 100 acres in pasture and hay fields the rest is old cutover naturally regrowing and not that many hardwoods. So the deer key in on them when there is acorns.

Jamie townsend