Opening Rifle Day Success

Slowmow24

I hope many of you had success as well and enjoyed this past beautiful weekend. I was fortunate enough to have two does come within 60 yards of me and graze naturally on white oaks. For me, fooling a nanny doe' s nose is a successful hunt, but the story didn't stop there. As I was excited to watch the does work their way off into the distance, about 30 minutes later, I looked back to where they came from to see the trail they took. Upon looking around, I saw another tail about mid way up on a tree and thought it was a squirrel at first. A few seconds later, I saw a body and realized it was another deer. I wasn't able to make it out until it got through some thick underbrush and saw the head on this beautiful buck. He slowly paced the same trail the does took. I was super excited to the say the least and able to get a shot off and downed my second largest buck of my life! He ran 60 yards and piled up.

Attachments

• 20221022_095233.jpg
    20221022_095233.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 20221022_104346.jpg
    20221022_104346.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 392

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great buck!!!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!

We saw does, my Nephew was convinced a buck is coming any second so he passed on them.

Broken Tine

Great looking buck!

Slowmow24

Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!

We saw does, my Nephew was convinced a buck is coming any second so he passed on them.
I am glad your nephew was able to see some deer and elected to pass on the does. Was he bow hunting?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I am glad your nephew was able to see some deer and elected to pass on the does. Was he bow hunting?
Rifle. We’ve been practicing with a bow, I think he wants to be ready for bow hunting Thanksgiving week.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome hunt and buck man! And great shot!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Good deal! Congrats!