Drivelers remember the world #424

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Take that back I did have one little light sprinkle several days back, but it basically just wet the foliage and ground surface. It was during bright sunshine too just as I finished sticking everything in the soil.
Just got mine in Tues. Only 5 mater plants, hill each of cukes.. melons... and punkins.. and a short row of okra. Came back to the house to grab a few things (mater stakes) sat down for a bit and I guess I "twitched" something in my back cause when I went to get up it TOLD me to sit back down. Feels like I broke a rib as I can't breath deep. Needless to say my maters didn't get staked, so I hope this wind don't treat them too bad.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just got mine in Tues. Only 5 mater plants, hill each of cukes.. melons... and punkins.. and a short row of okra. Came back to the house to grab a few things (mater stakes) sat down for a bit and I guess I "twitched" something in my back cause when I went to get up it TOLD me to sit back down. Feels like I broke a rib as I can't breath deep. Needless to say my maters didn't get staked, so I hope this wind don't treat them too bad.
I haven't put the cages around mine either. Hoping this rain softens the soil enough to make it easier to drive the prongs into the dirt.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

I heard that on takin your breath. Might be in your back too, I've had a pulled muscle in my back take my breath away if I moved RONG after tweaking something.

'heat and ice alternated', Always prescibed by the World renowned Dr. Quack.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I haven't put the cages around mine either. Hoping this rain softens the soil enough to make it easier to drive the prongs into the dirt.
I left my cages from last year, the deer pulled up my stakes when they did the plants past year. The cages are a little wide (over 2ft.) for young small plants.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Cap I thinking I’m getting an equal or greater rain total as you got. This ain’t a summer shower, it’s a bovine, flat rock, frog strangler.

I thought I would've had a little more than I do, but I've only got a little over a half inch so far. I'll take whatever it gives me.

It filled up my rainwater catchers too already.

Status
Not open for further replies.