Do you remember #3. Sports:

SarahFair

And if ur playin for reals, you played dodgeball with a basketball.
:bounce:
Ugh, in elementary school PE we played with a rubber kick ball in a very small circle, shoulder to shoulder with other students, so it was like shooting fish in a barrel.
Guess who was always much shorter than everyone and usually took a ball to the face :mad:
I especially hated that game when it was cold outside and your face already stung.

Doboy Dawg

We played baseball with golf balls and an aluminum bat. We learned to pitch from behind a tree in the yard after we suffered a couple of come-backers!
We played One game of golf ball baseball. We had lost our only baseball. It was a one pitch one hit game with only 3 of us brave souls who decided to give it a try. Most of our sandlot team went home after we lost our baseball.

My neighbor Jimmy, the biggest kid on the block, came out with one of his dad’s golf balls. It was the only ball any of us could find.

Four kids quit and went home. I told Jimmy I would play catcher as there was no way I would pitch a golf ball. Jimmy says, that settles it then, I’m batting. Winthrop the skinny slow kid said I’ll pitch!

It was a one pitch game that ended with a line drive that hit Winthrop right between the eyes driving him straight down into the dirt. It knocked him out cold.

I told Jimmy, you done killed him and I ran home. Jimmy ran home. I could see Winthrop laying dead out in the side of Jimmy’s yard. After a few minutes passed I called Jimmy on his house phone and I told him, We need to go out there and see if Winthrop was really dead.

We were scared to death that we done killed this boy with a golf ball. After about 10 minutes we got up enough nerve to go and see if the boy was dead. We got out there to him and we’re kneeling down beside him and calling his name.

He slowly sat up and said, what happened? We said you got hit in the head with a golf ball. He says, how’d that happen? He didn’t remember, Jimmy said I think one of them neighbor boys threw it at you.

He had a black and blue knot the size of a golf ball popped up right in the middle of his forehead. The next day both his eyes was black and his nose was purple.

That was the last time Winthrop played ball of any kind with us boys:ROFLMAO:

TheWildLife

We played One game of golf ball baseball. We had lost our only baseball. It was a one pitch one hit game with only 3 of us brave souls who decided to give it a try. Most of our sandlot team went home after we lost our baseball.

My neighbor Jimmy, the biggest kid on the block, came out with one of his dad’s golf balls. It was the only ball any of us could find.

Four kids quit and went home. I told Jimmy I would play catcher as there was no way I would pitch a golf ball. Jimmy says, that settles it then, I’m batting. Winthrop the skinny slow kid said I’ll pitch!

It was a one pitch game that ended with a line drive that hit Winthrop right between the eyes driving him straight down into the dirt. It knocked him out cold.

I told Jimmy, you done killed him and I ran home. Jimmy ran home. I could see Winthrop laying dead out in the side of Jimmy’s yard. After a few minutes passed I called Jimmy on his house phone and I told him, We need to go out there and see if Winthrop was really dead.

We were scared to death that we done killed this boy with a golf ball. After about 10 minutes we got up enough nerve to go and see if the boy was dead. We got out there to him and we’re kneeling down beside him and calling his name.

He slowly sat up and said, what happened? We said you got hit in the head with a golf ball. He says, how’d that happen? He didn’t remember, Jimmy said I think one of them neighbor boys threw it at you.

He had a black and blue knot the size of a golf ball popped up right in the middle of his forehead. The next day both his eyes was black and his nose was purple.

That was the last time Winthrop played ball of any kind with us boys:ROFLMAO:
We definitely had our share of bruises from the games but nothing like that. Probably the closest we came to a real hurting was at my friend's house and involved their dad's '67 Corvette.

This happened around 1976 or 77 (CRS kicks in every now and then). We were playing golf ball baseball in the front yard when their dad came home. He told us to stop so we wouldn't hit his car. Well....... we didn't of course. About the time he came out yelling was the same time a line drive was heading for his Vette. Luckily the car was a soft top and the golf ball hit the top where it transitions from the side to the roof and didn't cause any damage. He was after all three of us. I don't recall where we hid, but we pulled a Forrest Gump 'cause wherever we went........we wuz running!

oldfella1962

Clay bomb battles and tackle the man with the pine cone. We were poor.
I guess you were poor if you had to chase down the guy who stole your pine cone you packed for lunch! :cry: