What do you miss most?

krizia829

About your childhood?

I saw an article earlier and it had me reminiscing on my childhood and thinking of what can I do different or better to make my kids' childhood something they will always remember.

Mine has to be getting together with the neighborhood kids and play all day outside and coming back inside the house with dinner ready and waiting. Hanging out with my cousins at my grandparents house and making a makeshift fort. Monthly get togethers at the county shooting range and doing BBQ after at the park. Falling asleep in the car and waking up in my bed, going to the movies and a restaurant every Saturday with my brother and my parents, etc.

specialk

my uncle had a huge king goose neck trailer back in the 80s that he would line the insides and back with hay bales and haul us church kids around to the shut ins in our community to sing carols.....we would wind back up at the church for hot chocolate made by the church ladies.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Being able to walk in any direction all day without ever seeing a posted sign or encountering a yankee housing development.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Just growing up in the 80s and 90s in general. It was a wild time.
It was a really good time to grow up. Nowhere near as many penny ante rules. The internet didn’t rule the world. People weren’t scared of everything. People weren’t obsessed with politics. It was the golden age of turkey hunting in this state. It was nice.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I miss cradling my single barrel shotgun in my arm and having miles of river swamp to plunder and hunt in, thousands of acres for a playground to hunt and fish in. And I miss Mama saying, "Don`t slam the door and watch out for rattlesnakes. Be back in time for supper".

I had a magical childhood.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I miss cradling my single barrel shotgun in my arm and having miles of river swamp to plunder and hunt in, thousands of acres for a playground to hunt and fish in. And I miss Mama saying, "Don`t slam the door and watch out for rattlesnakes. Be back in time for supper".

I had a magical childhood.
Exactly the same here then, minus the swamp.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Same here brother. One or two on here will get their feelings hurt when they read that, though. They call it progress.
It suits me if their feelings are hurt by it. The influx of transplants has t changed this state for the better. Not having their precious money is a trade off I would make any day.