Drivelers remember the world #424

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Gardening question. I have 3 cherry tomato plants that started great, and all the leaves up to about 18 inches look great. New growth above that looks like it mutated. Curled nubs and such. What leaves are coming in quickly burn and shrivel. Should I cut back all the odd growth and let it try again? There was some crazy looking fungus growing at the base of all three. I dug that out and it's not come back.
20240510_190207.jpg

20240510_190236.jpg

20240510_190111.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Research online for similar photos indicate herbicide 'poisoning'. Soil came from the dredge spoil pile at Alatoona, and my second raised planter with all my pepper plants in it are fine. Haven't put any grass clippings or similar in the soil. I did spray roundup on some poison ivy near there, but don't recall it being windy. Maybe that's the culprit.

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Stocked?? The lake I live
by stocks's itself. Are you one of those streams that can't repair itself ?
DW nailed it. Also the water is marginal for trout. To warm in the summer and not enough food to sustain a population of wild fish year round. You’d have to travel to a higher elevation to get to streams that can support a fishery year round (reproduction of wild fish).

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Research online for similar photos indicate herbicide 'poisoning'. Soil came from the dredge spoil pile at Alatoona, and my second raised planter with all my pepper plants in it are fine. Haven't put any grass clippings or similar in the soil. I did spray roundup on some poison I've near there, but don't recall it being windy. Maybe that's the culprit.
Had that happen last year to me.One 4x8 box was good,the other one had tomatos with leaf curl.Eventually I just pulled the bad ones and started over.
They would barely grow ,never produced a single tomato .

Status
Not open for further replies.