Drug addicts, tobacco users and fat people.

REDMOND1858

Drugs= Choice they made
Nicotine=Choice they made
Overweight= Not necessarily a choice they made. Late wife got excessively overweight. Not because she enjoyed eating but from drugs prescribed to help her. My dad slightly overweight, not because he eats too much. I eat more than him, way more but he is disabled and cannot work the smallest calories away to control weight.
Wide brush stroke there on overweight folks.

Not a very wide brush at all. I’d be willing to bet a very very small fraction of those overweight, are overweight due to a legitimate medical reason vs. poor personal decision making

T-N-T

I know a good many folks that are fat due to being poor.
They buy but what they can afford basically. And carbs are cheap.

Weight is not something I really worry with when it comes to others. Some times it's a choice and other times its genetics or health or income. I dont care.
Now, lazy is something that gets me going every time. I know people who over weight and can out work most. They will put in more effort to do a hobby (hunting or hiking for instance) than most others.

I also love me some nicotine. We are old friends who will never loose touch. I am however limiting myself to occasional cigars only at this time.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I know a good many folks that are fat due to being poor.
They buy but what they can afford basically. And carbs are cheap.

Weight is not something I really worry with when it comes to others. Some times it's a choice and other times its genetics or health or income. I dont care.
Now, lazy is something that gets me going every time. I know people who over weight and can out work most. They will put in more effort to do a hobby (hunting or hiking for instance) than most others.

I also love me some nicotine. We are old friends who will never loose touch. I am however limiting myself to occasional cigars only at this time.
So thats what happened to topher, he put away the coppenhagen the up an runoft from here. Congrats.

someguyintraffic

I'm not fat, work hard labor almost daily, don't use tobacco, quit, don't use drugs, won't even use Tylenol unless it's a constant pain.

REDMOND1858

I think some of y’all are having trouble understanding my point. The problem I have is not with people being fat. The problem is with the people that shame and bash druggies, tobacco users, and people who make other unhealthy choices. But when you bring up them being overweight, and their own addiction and what negative impact is has on their health, they come up with every excuse under the sun as to why it’s ok to be fat and tell you how it’s not as bad as smoking or whatever else.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I think some of y’all are having trouble understanding my point. The problem I have is not with people being fat. The problem is with the people that shame and bash druggies, tobacco users, and people who make other unhealthy choices. But when you bring up them being overweight, and their own addiction and what negative impact is has on their health, they come up with every excuse under the sun as to why it’s ok to be fat and tell you how it’s not as bad as smoking or whatever else.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but this reads as a total contradiction of itself.

In Blue-
You don't like the people that talk bad about those that "make unhealthy choices".
In Red-
When you tell them you don't like what they are doing, they get offended.

For discussion sake, is this a fair assessment?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
All men have their flaws.
All women have at least one pretty spot.
No sense and lumpin'em all together and calling them all useless ( 'ceptin fer dimocrats, that's what they like to do).
I stand with the OP.

Latest posts