Duck Boat Pictures

southGAlefty

Oh yeah definitely, when I say small river I mean borderline creek...the Ochlocknee River if you're familiar...most of my hunting consists of pulling the boat up in some trees on the bank and shooting from there. I'm going to town to get some paint to fix it up and I'll try to post some pictures when I'm done.

Hard Core

beavertail.jpg

brushyblind-1.jpg

08airrangerpic2.jpg

First is an 18'X54" Beavertail with a 35 hp surface drive. Second is an AirRanger 20'X8' with a GM 496 E.F.I. for when the water gets a little skinny.

Hard Core

Now that my friend does look like a ttuurrdd in a punch bowl.:cry:

CMMILAM85

Here's mine

Attachments

• 1129081632a.jpg
    1129081632a.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13,286
  • 0624081648a.jpg
    0624081648a.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 13,214
  • 1129081634.jpg
    1129081634.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 13,092
  • 1117081350.jpg
    1117081350.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 13,018

Loewman

Home made muddboat

20'x 8' sheet of 5086 Alluminum broke up to make the Hull

0929081505-1.jpg

Lookin like a boat at my Grampa's shop

DSC02066.jpg

DSC02076.jpg

I was at the end of fabrication.. going to paint

1018081319a.jpg

Homemade 1752 w/ deck .... Before motor

DSC02267.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

With motor .....I would love to have a mudd motor on this thing...$$$... Maybe next year.
DSC02273.jpg

Last edited:

kscoggins

nice boat man, my only change would be front console but thats just me. excellent fab work

Loewman

To compensate for the weight of the concole.. I will have the batteries and all fuel tank under the front deck.

Thanks South

These are the lights I am going to use.. put a truck receiver on the bow so I can have attachments like theses lights , winch .......or Grill LOL

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

Last edited:

mdhall

I don't know if those lights are the same as a lot I've seen on the front of a boat, but if you don't have something behind them to block the light coming back, they are liable to partially limit your view. But those being spot lights, it might be different. I'd sure like to know though.

Daffyblaster,

Is that a Devlin designs boat that you built?

How do you like it so far?

Actually, this is a modified KARA marshboat. They are commonly used in Missouri. So far, I love it! Grassed up properly you completely disappear. Just needs a mudmotor and a genuine boat trailer to make it perfect. I've got a 3.5hp Nissan SS that pushes it at a max speed of 8.7mph, but it bogs down really fast in the skinny stuff. I'm planning out an all aluminum framed 6.5hp longtail mud motor for it that I'll build this spring.

Those Devlin boats sure are pretty aren't they?

fatduckboy

man those boats are nice yall. i can't wait to get mine ready running alittle late on it.

Loewman

I don't know if those lights are the same as a lot I've seen on the front of a boat, but if you don't have something behind them to block the light coming back, they are liable to partially limit your view. But those being spot lights, it might be different. I'd sure like to know though.

The Lights are supposted to be for a dune buggies head lights. 100 watts each. Don't know how they will work.Haven't taken them out yet. If they don't work like I want them to i will go to plan "B"

mallardk

trailer color aint pretty

Naden Hull need to repaint the trailer, but 18hp Johnson electric start, i thinks its a 1972 and cranks first time every time, knock on wood.
duckboat0802.jpg

Attachments

• duckboat0802.jpg
    duckboat0802.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 6,575

Loewman

Looks like somebody looked at a couple of gatortrax hulls and copied their design...

Yep The Gator trax people got really upset because they said it couldn't be done.. Saved me alot of money building it my self ...someday I will use that money to slap a 35 mudbuddy on it and go where the ducks are.

Last edited:

Latest posts