Dumb Question

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Ok I'm a longbow shooter so it never dawned on me until my boy started talking about how he would like to have a Bear take down recurve. I started wondering on my longbows I have always twisted the string to set the brace height. Then most times used a tip protector on the bottom limb for two reasons. One to protect the tip, and the other to keep the string twist in place when unstrung. When I go back to restring the bow, the number of twist can not change.
What is the deal with a take down? Do you have to recheck and adjust your brace height every time you dis, and reassemble by re twisting the string?
Ok folks I did say it was a dumb question. :)

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Gurn,
I never take my take-down down.......LOL......but if i do then yes i would just re-twist my string to my brace height......LOL......very rarely do i ever unstring my bow's because most of them are shot every week. I always make a mental note (and a written one...LOL) of what my brace height is for each bow that way i can always go back to it easily

ChrisSpikes

If you take your string completely off your bow, any bow, you can join the loops with a twist-tie(like on a loaf of bread). When you put it back on, the brace height will be the same.

stick-n-string

Gurn, there are no dumb questions!
At least here we won't give you a hard time about it!

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Thanks folks. Chris thats a good idea.

Bubbaforsure

If you take your string completely off your bow, any bow, you can join the loops with a twist-tie(like on a loaf of bread). When you put it back on, the brace height will be the same.

Gurnie....I do this all the time. Works like a champ!

Barry Duggan

Or, you can put one loop half way thru the other, then push the outside loop thru the inside loop and pull it. Kinda locks them together, and yes I can be more vague, if you would like.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
I think I understand. :D