Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Triple BB

Anyone have any info about how the meeting went? I have heard the USACE and the stewards of lake Seminole are doing some collaboration finally. Wonder how the grass carp stocking efforts in the northern fish pond drain areas and cypress ponds have been? Anyone?

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Anyone have any info about how the meeting went? I have heard the USACE and the stewards of lake Seminole are doing some collaboration finally. Wonder how the grass carp stocking efforts in the northern fish pond drain areas and cypress ponds have been? Anyone?

This year I`ve seen less hydrilla than I have in the last 25 years. It`s way past time the Corp stepped up and did something. Probably safe to say that it was the Stewards who have done the most good. Overall the lakes does look better.

Triple BB

Thanks for the report. The Cuban bull rush was the main thing that drove me crazy. Nothing lives in that stuff. Nothing but an air boat can even drive through it. Crazy how Michael altered the lake with all of the deposits.

Good to know it’s looking better. I know Son would be happy progress is being made. Thanks, and looking forward to getting down there for bass, gators, and ducks again in the fall.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I still love the lake and area, but it`s a totally different world from what is was when I started fishing it 40 years ago. It`s silting in badly. I used to could dive off our dock into close to 5 foot deep water with a white sand bottom. Try it now and you`ll be diving into water maybe 14 inches deep with a black muddy bottom.

Triple BB

I still love the lake and area, but it`s a totally different world from what is was when I started fishing it 40 years ago. It`s silting in badly. I used to could dive off our dock into close to 5 foot deep water with a white sand bottom. Try it now and you`ll be diving into water maybe 14 inches deep with a black muddy bottom.
Yep. That’s the case in many of the ponds and the sloughs we used to duck hunt. Even the springs across the lake have taken a hit. The sandbars concentrate fish and ducks. Most people that come for the big tournaments don’t realize that due to the changes, it makes the lake fish way smaller than it used to.

Interested to see rays. That black water used to be gorgeous when the creek would flow in on the north side. But speaking of silt