Early rifle hunts.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
If I recall correctly, this hunt used to be nine days long and the dog hunt was one week long.
Now this hunt is one week long and the dog hunt is nine days long.
Come on man!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
If I recall correctly, this hunt used to be nine days long and the dog hunt was one week long.
Come on man!
Just a giggle between us!!

chrislibby88

Come on man!
I didn’t notice that. Bummer. Guess we weren’t shooting enough of them.

My biggest complaint is that the dog training is the week before the rifle hunt. Should be archery, rifle, dog training, dog hunt. That way they can run their own bears off the property.

1eyefishing

Yes, I agree the dog hunting should be the last time of the year.
It's also disappointing that they don't give preference to Georgia dog hunters and that all the seasoned dog hunters from other states get to run over here to an area that never gets dog hunted until recently. Georgia dog hunters should be given full preference over out of staters.
Layman's opinion... just the way I see it.

WOODIE13

I didn’t notice that. Bummer. Guess we weren’t shooting enough of them.

My biggest complaint is that the dog training is the week before the rifle hunt. Should be archery, rifle, dog training, dog hunt. That way they can run their own bears off the property.
Some have a BIG range, those dogs might run them off theirs to where you're hunting

1eyefishing

The WMA dog hunt is going to run bears INTO the WMAs that are being hunted?

menhadenman

Better than NC. I have property across the border and bear season opens on the same day for everyone, including dogs. No archery, no black powder, no youth. Then the come running through our private land like nobody’s business. I see bears pretty regularly until opening day. Doubt I’ll ever get a crack at one there.

WOODIE13

^^This Right here^^^

A hunt with such limited opportunity should be for residents ONLY. A lot of states save their limited opportunity hunts for residents only. GA should follow suit
Come to WV, kill em

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Come to WV, kill em
I don’t have any dogs brother. Never been on a dog hunt, but I’d love too

It’s my opinion when they only draw 15 folks for a hunt. They should all be from Ga. I’m standing with the fellas here that work tirelessly to train bear dogs and are forced to go out of state bc NRs are chosen for the only dog hunt in Ga

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Gator tags should be the same way. Try getting one in AL. You can’t.

Try getting a bear tag in Missouri. You can’t.

GA has 11+MM people. No reason we should have outsider influence. That is my one and only gripe with the DNR. They love that outta state $ too much