Early rifle hunts.

menhadenman

That looks like hog poop (?)
Maybe you all are right. I don’t see many hogs up here but they are around. @splatek I poked it with a stick and it was pretty mushy, consistent in color, and seemed fresh. But then again my references of late have looked more like fossils so you may be right.

Did find a sweet spot with lots of deer sign. Others guys are in there for sure because I found two ladder stands. A good poke from the road no less!

No arrows flung but a great morning.

menhadenman

Hey @splatek , appreciate the comments on DNR too. I worked for county, state, and feds for a lot of years before moving to private biz.

Truth is, it’s a thankless job with poor wages. Most guys do it for the love, location, or, in some cases, the ego of working for some greater cause.

My estimation is 10% of any DNR is fantastic or worthless with the 80% in the middle convinced to move either way depending on leadership.

Yes there’s a lot of poor or political decisions but we can’t throw out the baby with the bath water.

Where would be a good place to start looking? Thinking about rucksacks going in a ways just trying to determine which wma would. Be good for a first time beer hunter any help would be awesome sorry if this is not the right forum to post

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Where would be a good place to start looking? Thinking about rucksacks going in a ways just trying to determine which wma would. Be good for a first time beer hunter any help would be awesome sorry if this is not the right forum to post
Any of the public land in North Georgia could be productive. I'd stick with east of I-75 and find a place that was comfortable to get to know for me. Between the national forest and the WMAs, the national forest is less restrictive.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
And when Georgia goes from purple to blue, then what?
It seems the majority of the country is headed that way but I like our chances without the likes of the north eastern states and the west coast dictating what we will or will not do

KentuckyHeadhunter

Them dogs gonna be running now. Glad I ain't near that. Heard horror stories about the out of state dog hunters at a campground. Campers said they were loud and rowdy and broke every single rule at the campground. Drinking and playing loud music all night. Trashed the campsites too.

ddd-shooter

Them dogs gonna be running now. Glad I ain't near that. Heard horror stories about the out of state dog hunters at a campground. Campers said they were loud and rowdy and broke every single rule at the campground. Drinking and playing loud music all night. Trashed the campsites too.
All the dog hunters I know are the best kind of people.
Obviously I don’t know them all, but you’d want to run across the ones I do.

goshenmountainman

Thats a load of bull. All the dog hunters I know are well respected men that would not do any of that. They don't have the energy to stay up all night after a days hunt, ask me how I know.