Early Teal recommendations out West

Just got back from Arkansas and had a great time. Now I'm looking to get a hunt for early teal next September. Anybody have experience with an early season outfitter in LA?

dfhooked

Early season teal hunts if good will be over fast. From that standpoint I would recommend adding a fishing trip with your adventure. Also unless you go to SW LA i would go more towards the end of teal season if you pick the Venice area. It seems like the teal hit SW LA areas first based on my 6 years of living in LA. You can get fishing set up in both parts of the state, just depends on how far you want your drive to be. Shoot me a pm for additional info

rnelson5

If you want to go on a guided early teal go to Texas and hunt with the Drake Plantation. My uncle went out there this year with a crew and the first day the guide told them "if you don't kill a limit in this hole I ain't taking a dime and I don't care how bad you shoot" lol. He had a solid three days then and then went again during big duck season. The first day was slow and they gave him the option of staying an extra day so they did and had another great trip. They lease land all over east Texas and prices seem reasonable from what I remember him telling me.

ebrauns23

Had two great seasons in East Texas the last 2 years. Anything on rice will produce, with that said it is hard to get permission to hunt so I would recommend using a guide if you go that route

Attachments

• teal1.jpg
    teal1.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 283
  • teal2.jpg
    teal2.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 282