Either sex days question

Vance1012

Can someone please clarify that you can kill a doe with a bow during the buck only days. My boss doesn't believe me. Also please attach something as proof as I can't find it in writing.

apkorda

Archery hunting is allowed during firearms deer seasons and deer of either sex may be taken except as otherwise specified on WMAs. Archery hunters must wear at least 500 square inches of hunter orange during primitive weapons and firearms deer seasons except in Archery-Only Counties or areas.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
They sort of hid it in the regulations. I think it should clearly be stated on the page that list the counties that are color coded for either sex firearms season.

cookie1969

The above mentioned rule on bow hunting during firearms season is true as long as you are on private land. National forest land has different rules. You may bow hunt during the firearms season but must follow the either sex days for the NF you are hunting.

apkorda

They sort of hid it in the regulations. I think it should clearly be stated on the page that list the counties that are color coded for either sex firearms season.

Let's not make it too clear for others - for those of us who know have more hunting opportunities than those who are oblivious to the rules. I kind of like have WMAs all to myself.