Electric hunting vehicles

Archer One

Happy holidays guys,
I’m looking into buying an electric hunting vehicle. I have heard good reviews and bad which is typical of anything.
The one thing I do wonder about is the motor getting wet and are they limited slip or can you lock rear end if not 4 wheel drive
If you own a beast please fill me in on it also
Thanks

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
72 V. Wow! Mine's a 48V. I'll bet you do get a lot of run time. Didn't know there was a 72V!

tbrown913

How much are you willing to spend? What is the ground like 75% of the time you will be using it? Where you currently hunt/live/own how much mud do you have?

Buy a vehicle for what you will do the most with. Most hunters in Georgia dont even need a lift kit on an ezgo. My dad bought one of those giant bad boy gas powered vehicles. It's amazing. It goes through mud, creeks, mountain hills, and will pull a f250 out of a muddy ditch. He also could have saved 20k or more and bought a gas golf cart with a lift and grippy tires since he rarely ventured out in rain/ really wet conditions. If you hunt where you will drive less than 3 miles a day, and have an established road system, just get the golf cart!

Firebug80

I purchased a 48volt Beast in 2013. It has limited slip but I was questionable about it not having 4-wheel drive. The guys in Eastman could have easily taken my money and given me a 4x4, but instead, he told me to try it out and if I found I really needed it then I could bring it back and he’d install 4x4. I honestly have not needed it. I love the cart and the customer service that they provide has been spot on! Five years on original batteries, but did notice this year that I will need to replace them before next hunting season. This cart is used daily on the farm, even outside of hunting season. If it burns up tomorrow, I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth and I will be buying another in the next two years so I can pass this one down to my son.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
5B78B229-00B3-481B-9113-4ED9F965C240.jpegAn electric golf cart can be a multipurpose tool.

This one is lifted, has a high torque motor, and 500 amp controller. It works good for a hunting buggy and is grandkid proof to boot.

I have knobby tires on the back now.

releehweoj

An electric golf cart can be a multipurpose tool.

This one is lifted, has a high torque motor, and 500 amp controller. It works good for a hunting buggy and is grandkid proof to boot.

I have knobby tires on the back now.

This^^^

Plus they are easy to work on and relatively cheap to have repaired.

Last edited:

tbrown913

I purchased a 48volt Beast in 2013. It has limited slip but I was questionable about it not having 4-wheel drive. The guys in Eastman could have easily taken my money and given me a 4x4, but instead, he told me to try it out and if I found I really needed it then I could bring it back and he’d install 4x4. I honestly have not needed it. I love the cart and the customer service that they provide has been spot on! Five years on original batteries, but did notice this year that I will need to replace them before next hunting season. This cart is used daily on the farm, even outside of hunting season. If it burns up tomorrow, I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth and I will be buying another in the next two years so I can pass this one down to my son.

Not trying to derail the thread but I saw Sam's club has Duracell batteries $25 off if the sale hasn't ended. Their marine deep cycle is the best trolling motor out there.

mcduck

I have an ez go with 11.5 horse motor 600 amp controller lift aggressive tires and 48 volt. They have their purpose, light work and hunting. Heavy work and hauling a lot of feed or people go side by side not a golf cart. If you know what they will do you'll be happy, but they definitely have limitations.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
My 48 volt Ezgo RXV is best purchase I've made. After 4 yrs it's still going strong on the same batteries. We use it regularly.

Buford_Dawg

Bought a 2013 48v RXV off one of the golf cart return lots in Augusta last summer, added 20 inch knobby tires, new trojan batteries and a few other items. 2 hunting seasons and alot of use during summer in the neighborhood and it has been nice to have for sure. I have a Honda 4 wheeler for heavy use, but for stealthy hunting, a electric cart is hard to beat. I have little over 4k in it with the additions. Before and After pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1125.JPG
    IMG_1125.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 174

Triple C

Most used vehicle on our place. Love mine. Been going strong since 2012. Replaced batteries about 6 months ago. If you go off road into any type bog / mud u will need 4WD. If using on interior/logging roads then prolly won't need 4WD. I've got locking rear and 4WD. 99% of time it's 2WD. But 1% it's a flip of the switch for 4WD and much needed on the 1%. Watkinsville Golf Carts builds a solid 4WD electric cart with locking rear n 2 speed tranny.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like them except for one thing. Seems like every single time you need it, it's dead. And takes forever to charge. If I had ten dollars for every time I've limped back into camp at .5mph with one guy walking behind and pushing up the hills, I could buy something that didn't run on durn batteries and will run when you need it.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know approximate cost to convert to 4WD?

Reactions: Dub

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I like them except for one thing. Seems like every single time you need it, it's dead. And takes forever to charge. If I had ten dollars for every time I've limped back into camp at .5mph with one guy walking behind and pushing up the hills, I could buy something that didn't run on durn batteries and will run when you need it.

You need a state of charge meter. Then you know if it’s getting low on voltage.