Eli gold let go from bammer

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I don’t know what the rift is between him and the school. His contract would need renewal in June. I will miss his voice and wish him well as he heads off to other endeavors. He is all I and many others have known as the voice of the Tide.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I hope Saban takes the job. It would be awesome to hear him explode through the game
The word is one the team already working with Gold will take the position. That position also held a regular show with the head coach. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

specialk

I don’t know what the rift is between him and the school. His contract would need renewal in June. I will miss his voice and wish him well as he heads off to other endeavors. He is all I and many others have known as the voice of the Tide.
Eli use to call races for the old TNN network, loved his commentary.....i believe he just went thru a rough bout with cancer.....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Eli use to call races for the old TNN network, loved his commentary.....i believe he just went thru a rough bout with cancer.....
He did, missed all of 2022 football season but is back at the booth now. He states in interviews its nothing concerning his health. Its differences between him and the school, shame.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
IMG_2552.jpeg

groundhawg

Fired him cause he’s old same reason they got rid of Saban
Quitting and getting fired are not the same thing.

Crimson Tide Sports Network has released a statement. As is almost always the case, there was more to the story and it’s looking more and more like Eli is a bitter old man that was never going to go gracefully…

”As we noted in yesterday's release, Eli Gold has been a legendary broadcaster in a career spanning 52 years. In 2023, we worked out a plan to have Eli call the home games plus Auburn, with Chris Stewart handling away games. We are incredibly appreciative of the positive things Eli has contributed to the Crimson Tide Sports Network and The University of Alabama during his time with us, which is why our desire was for him to remain part of the gameday broadcast and allow us to celebrate his UA broadcast career. But at this point, the interests of UA and CTSN are best served by Chris Stewart handling play by play for all games. After a series of conversations over a period of time, Eli was presented with an opportunity to continue his contributions to the CTSN broadcast team in the coming years in a more limited role, including the lead broadcast role for this year's A-Day game. Unfortunately, he declined the opportunity. We will always appreciate Eli and wish him nothing but the best in his next endeavors. We are incredibly excited about the future of CTSN and what Chris Stewart will bring to the broadcasts in his new role.”

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Quitting and getting fired are not the same thing.

Crimson Tide Sports Network has released a statement. As is almost always the case, there was more to the story and it’s looking more and more like Eli is a bitter old man that was never going to go gracefully…

”As we noted in yesterday's release, Eli Gold has been a legendary broadcaster in a career spanning 52 years. In 2023, we worked out a plan to have Eli call the home games plus Auburn, with Chris Stewart handling away games. We are incredibly appreciative of the positive things Eli has contributed to the Crimson Tide Sports Network and The University of Alabama during his time with us, which is why our desire was for him to remain part of the gameday broadcast and allow us to celebrate his UA broadcast career. But at this point, the interests of UA and CTSN are best served by Chris Stewart handling play by play for all games. After a series of conversations over a period of time, Eli was presented with an opportunity to continue his contributions to the CTSN broadcast team in the coming years in a more limited role, including the lead broadcast role for this year's A-Day game. Unfortunately, he declined the opportunity. We will always appreciate Eli and wish him nothing but the best in his next endeavors. We are incredibly excited about the future of CTSN and what Chris Stewart will bring to the broadcasts in his new role.”
They’re covering their butts for the age discrimination suit

groundhawg

Fired him cause he’s old same reason they got rid of Saban
More becuase the way he would call a game. Somethign like this -
You had no clue what was actually going on until the play was over. You thought, based on his commentary, that something great was happening all the time. Example:

"Bama comes to the line wearing their crimson jerseys and white pants and it's a long 3rd and 10 Bama, ball on the Bama 35. Milroe comes to the line, takes the snap. Defense is expecting pass but he hands the ball off to McClellan. McClellan breaks right, he's got a huge hole......shakes a defender, breaks a tackle, reverses field, he's in the open now, McClellan breaks another tackle and just will not go down. He's running like a man possessed and it takes 5 longhorn defensive players to finally manage to drag him down.......gain of 1 on the play for McClellan.... that'll bring up 4 down and 9 for Bama and they will have to punt."

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think Bama fans will be fine with the call going forward.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

riprap

More becuase the way he would call a game. Somethign like this -
You had no clue what was actually going on until the play was over. You thought, based on his commentary, that something great was happening all the time. Example:

"Bama comes to the line wearing their crimson jerseys and white pants and it's a long 3rd and 10 Bama, ball on the Bama 35. Milroe comes to the line, takes the snap. Defense is expecting pass but he hands the ball off to McClellan. McClellan breaks right, he's got a huge hole......shakes a defender, breaks a tackle, reverses field, he's in the open now, McClellan breaks another tackle and just will not go down. He's running like a man possessed and it takes 5 longhorn defensive players to finally manage to drag him down.......gain of 1 on the play for McClellan.... that'll bring up 4 down and 9 for Bama and they will have to punt."
You described more in that one play than uga's broadcast team will say all game. They're too busy worried about which sponsor do they call out for the down. "That was a cool play Z. Bobo is a mastermind. I can't tell from here but might be a Scana energy 1st down or Zaxby's 3rd down. What's it look like shock?"

Latest posts