Ever had this happen??

Sunshine1

We went to check our catfish lines this morning before church. Took our little chihuahua with us. He loves to ride in the boat.

His new thing has been chasing the pigs in their pen nearly everyday so he has become quite accustomed to their scent. Well, needless to say as we are going down river he is catching the scent of wild hogs just about everywhere.

He's whining and going from bow to stern, and to each side of the boat trying to see where the hogs are. ( We can see where they've been rooting all up and down the riverbank)

Well, we finished checking the lines and were headed back up river. Our dog races to the front of the boat and is standing on the very tip of the bow. His nose to the wind. My husband has one of those boats that has the steering wheel on the side up in the front. So I can't really see our dog cause I'm in the back.

We had just gotten up on a plane when..............you guessed it.

Splash. :eek:

My husband instantly throws the boat in neutral. The dog goes UNDER the boat. About 5 seconds later he pops up down river. Swimming for dear life. :hair:

I am about to have a fit as we wait for the current to ease us back to him without running over him AGAIN!!:crazy:

Yeah, he's not going back. My heart can't take that kinda stress. :O

Anyone have a dog do that? He's lucky he didn't become dog-chum by the propeller!!!!!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
We went to check our catfish lines this morning before church. Took our little chihuahua with us. He loves to ride in the boat.

His new thing has been chasing the pigs in their pen nearly everyday so he has become quite accustomed to their scent. Well, needless to say as we are going down river he is catching the scent of wild hogs just about everywhere.

He's whining and going from bow to stern, and to each side of the boat trying to see where the hogs are. ( We can see where they've been rooting all up and down the riverbank)

Well, we finished checking the lines and were headed back up river. Our dog races to the front of the boat and is standing on the very tip of the bow. His nose to the wind. My husband has one of those boats that has the steering wheel on the side up in the front. So I can't really see our dog cause I'm in the back.

We had just gotten up on a plane when..............you guessed it.

Splash. :eek:

My husband instantly throws the boat in neutral. The dog goes UNDER the boat. About 5 seconds later he pops up down river. Swimming for dear life. :hair:

I am about to have a fit as we wait for the current to ease us back to him without running over him AGAIN!!:crazy:

Yeah, he's not going back. My heart can't take that kinda stress. :O

Anyone have a dog do that? He's lucky he didn't become dog-chum by the propeller!!!!!

Or gator bait...:hair: Glad you recovered him safe and sound.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
That's a good dog right there!!!!:huh::biggrin2:

Glad he was OK;)

earl

Banned
You might be a redneck if you have a Chihauhau for a hog dog. Thats good stuff right there . LOL

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Glad your dog didn`t become a meal...

Sunshine1

You might be a redneck if you have a Chihauhau for a hog dog. Thats good stuff right there . LOL

He just THINKS he's a hog dog. Really he's just a doorbell/smoke detector/alarm clock/guard dog /stuffed animal "lover". :bounce:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Can he catch?:rofl:

earl

Banned
A video could be worth a bit of money . I know I'd pay to see that little buggar take on a piggy.

polaris30144

I had a terrier that loved to ride on the front rack of my four wheeler. One day riding over in Talledega a squirrel runs across the trail about twenty feet in front of us while riding along about thirty miles an hour, yep she bails off the rack after the squirrel and I promptly drove over her. I stopped as quick as I could and she was up and running after the squirrel. The squirrel trees about thirty yards into the woods. I go grab the dog and check her for injuries. The only thing I find is her chin is barked up and she is missing a little fur here and there. After this episode, I started tying her to the rack so she couldn't jump/fall off.

SarahFair

Yea...
I had a Rat Terrier that we took to the lake a good few times. It was about maybe January when we took out a friends pontoon with the plastic on the back half. Well I and my step sister were sitting on the front half of the boat when the little door swings open. There goes my little dog..
JUMPS out of the boat into lake lanier. My dad was so mad..
It was a very long time before Jasper was allowed back to the lake