Ever have one of those days?

tee p

The good kind that is. They are few and far between for me but today was one for sure. The weather was beautiful the deer were on their feet, the shot was just right, deer down in 30 yards, all down hill to the truck. Life is good!

Attachments

• ImageTimerCamerac7280fa5-b61b-405d-ae84-30c8dec89495(1).jpg
    ImageTimerCamerac7280fa5-b61b-405d-ae84-30c8dec89495(1).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 468

Jake Allen

Perfect storm; congratulations Mr Patton.

jerry russell

Good stuff. Taking a mountain deer is a big deal. They come tough up there and there aren't many of them.

jekilpat

Congratulations. Mine always seem to run downhill, away from the truck through catclaw briars. Was Ed MacMahon waiting at the house to help you unload her? Kidding aside - great shot!

oldfella1962

Congratulations. Mine always seem to run downhill, away from the truck through catclaw briars. Was Ed MacMahon waiting at the house to help you unload her? Kidding aside - great shot!

What are catclaw briars? I'm not a Georgia native. Are those the briars with the thorns that deer devour down to about 18" off the ground? If so, man they love eating those things. They won't touch the briars without thorns for some reason.

Al33

Well sir, anytime you get a downhill drag where you hunt in the mountains that is a REAL blessing. Congratulations!!!!

charlie 2 arrow

You don't cry about the bad breaks, and you don't feel guilty about the good ones! Congratulations!