Eye of Round,,,,

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've seen similar recipes for rib roasts that have had lots of positive comments.

nkbigdog

Now curiosity bit me and I am going to have to try this one..

Cmp1

BANNED
We put a little olive oil and Montreal seasoning on ours,,,,really good,,,.and the juice and bits in the bottom of the pan,,,,to die for,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like eye of round. I don't really find it to be a tough cut of meat as the article describes it.

nkbigdog

If you like rare,,,,you won't be disappointed,,,,
Kroger has a sale this week I believe Eye of round is 5.99 per pound and whole Tenderloin are 9.99 per pound..I will mix up some Sour Cream and fresh course Horse Radish just like I do for Prime Rib...Can't wait until it's on my plate!

Cmp1

BANNED
Kroger has a sale this week I believe Eye of round is 5.99 per pound and whole Tenderloin are 9.99 per pound..I will mix up some Sour Cream and fresh course Horse Radish just like I do for Prime Rib...Can't wait until it's on my plate!
It's good,,,,the wife coats it with olive oil and seasonings,,,but I've used cannola oil too,,,,enjoy,,,.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good Stuff!

nkbigdog

Picked up a 3lb today, tomorrow will do the Eye of Round, Roasted Yukon taters with onions and shrooms. Can't wait to try it!

ambush80

I've only found two good uses for it, slow oven or smoker cooked to rare and sliced thin or braised and shredded for Ropas Viejas. Even braised I find the meat a bit dry. I'd like to Pastrami one sometime.

Cmp1

BANNED
I've only found two good uses for it, slow oven or smoker cooked to rare and sliced thin or braised and shredded for Ropas Viejas. Even braised I find the meat a bit dry. I'd like to Pastrami one sometime.
Our was very far from dry,,,,and definitely the drippings were to die for,,,,