Fall 2012 Sniper's Paradise Rendezvous

cmshoot

The dates will be November 10-11, 2012. The location will be in Blakely GA at the American International Marksmanship Academy. November 10 is the Marine Corps Birthday and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it!

We will have a range of approximately 2400 yards. We will have steel targets starting at 300 yards and going approximately every 50 yards back to the maximum distance. We will also have 100 yard cardboard targets for those that need to zero their rifles. Only the targets provided by us will be allowed.

Since the targets start out so close, don't get wrapped around the axle about shooting 2400yds. If all you do is shoot out to 600yds, and have a good time doin' it, then you had a great time! We have folks shooting everything from the most high-tech, wildcat caliber, precision rigs, to iron-sighted WWII battle rifles and carbines.

For those of y'all that did not attend the previous Sniper’s Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous’, this is not a competition. It is a structured "free for all" shoot, with me and other Precision Rifle/Sniper Instructors on hand to help anyone that needs/wants it, especially in the area of calling/doping wind and spotting. The atmosphere is very laid back, and a good time is always had by all. There are no big egos on the line and everyone pitches in to help folks that want/need it. If you are unsure of yourself or your skills, this is a perfect venue for you. If you are a veteran Sniper or competitor with years of experience, you'll fit right in as well. You shoot all day long, as much or as little as you want. We call the line cold every few hours, a paint crew on 4-wheelers runs down range and re-paints the steel, and we go hot again.

Cost for the rifle shoot will be $125 for one day, or $200 for both days. LE/public safety/military folks will be $100 for 1 day and $150 for 2 days on the Rifle Shoot. You are welcome to attend and shoot on both days, or just a single day of your choice.

If you pre-pay and then find out you cannot attend, I will roll your entry fee over to a future event of your choice.

I will be taking PayPal and money orders for entry fees. It is quite possible that I will be limiting attendance, so spots are held on a “first come, first paid” basis. You can send your payment via MO to:

Precision Applications, LLC
46 Scarlet Oak Way
Dallas, GA 30132

or you can PayPal (+4%) to shep@precision-applications.com. That is also my email address, if you have any questions. Along with your payment, please include a full name, email address, phone number and the days you will be attending.

Schedule: Mandatory safety meeting at 0800hrs on Saturday and Sunday. We will "go hot" immediately afterwards.

Gear list (nothing is mandatory, but they can help):
Rifle with optics
Ammo
Data book
shooting mat or other ground cover
bipod, rear bag, support, etc
spotting scope
cooler with non-alcoholic beverages
EZ Up tent

AIM has accommodations available at their facility, in addition to the many hotels/motels in the immediate area.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. In addition to email , I can be reached at (678) 523-7522.

Hope to see y'all in November.

Semper Fi!

Last edited:

cmshoot

I'll be limiting the number of attendees and already have a solid dozen folks signed up. If ya want a spot, don't wait.

BManga

Shep you got paypal sir! O wait gunny........ *COUGH* O heck it's the south man....... ya'll got some green's bubba! :bounce: :cheers:

We're looking forward to it! Now to get the 700 threaded and other upgrades done...... :cool:

Unus offa unus iuguolo!

cmshoot

Myself and several others spend most of our weekend spotting for folks.......you'll have a spotter!

airoot

Shep,
Thanks for putting this on again. I attended in May, had a great time and learned a lot (worked up to a hit or two at 800 with my FN SPR .308). Count me in for myself plus one, I'll send you paypal payment shortly. It'll be nice to shoot in the late fall with cool air and no gnats.
Alex

cmshoot

airoot, got you're payment.

We are nearly full up, folks. Don't dilly dally if you're thinking of attending.

BManga

Bump for ya Shep!

Wait till you see what the boy is building for this outing. You'll either love or hate it. LOL! The only clue ya get is it will be using a Boyd's stock.

WranglerSS

I can't wait either. This time I'm bringing my .338 LM and my newest build, Rem 700 .308 in a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis.