Fascination with royalty

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my Ancestors, David Edenfield, joined up with the Swamp Fox and made Banastre Tarleton`s Dragoons pay dearly for their terroristic actions in South Carolina.
My ancestor, Captain Robert Messer, was one of the leaders of the Regulator Rebellion in eastern NC. They basically started the Revolutionary War a decade too soon. They had the British whupped at the Battle of Alamance, then ran out of bullets and powder. He was sentenced to be hung, drawn, and quartered at the Hillsborough Courthouse. His name is on a monument down there where he was hung with seven other Regulator leaders. His son, Christian Messer, moved up here and fought in the Revolution.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
My ancestor, Captain Robert Messer, was one of the leaders of the Regulator Rebellion in eastern NC. They basically started the Revolutionary War a decade too soon. They had the British whupped at the Battle of Alamance, then ran out of bullets and powder. He was sentenced to be hung, drawn, and quartered at the Hillsborough Courthouse. His name is on a monument down there where he was hung with seven other Regulator leaders. His son, Christian Messer, moved up here and fought in the Revolution.

From what I understand, Edenfield has a monument in South Carolina dedicated to him as well. He suffered gunshot and saber wounds. But, he ended up dead from old age.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
From what I understand, Edenfield has a monument in South Carolina dedicated to him as well. He suffered gunshot and saber wounds. But, he ended up dead from old age.
Sometimes when I read about what all my ancestors did, I think that I suck. :)

Resica

One of my relatives at Kings Mt. was Colonel Andrew Hampton( he was married to one of my Hyders) His son and another relative of mine( Hyder) were apparently captured a little while before Kings Mt. and apparently Ferguson let them go. Can't remember all the details

Last edited: