FEDS publish proposed arm brace ban

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
for a pistol yes, and destroy it, turn it into the Police or whatever...if you put a 16" barrel on your pistol you now have a carbine that you can use a brace on. if you want a brace on your pistol you cant have things like rifle sights. aren't rifle sights and pistol sights the same?

They don't want you to have a pistol unless you register it as an SBR and collect money from you.
Yes, this^^^
Those braces make a short barreled firearm extremely dangerous, but put it on a firearm with a 16" barrel and they are now ok...oh or if you give the Gov't $200 and keep the brace on the pistol the brace is now ok again in the original configuration..but people cannot be trusted to own one without paying $200 to the Gov't first.
What a crock.

GunnSmokeer

there may be a few arm braces that accumulate less than 4 points.

I'd need at least a 13.25" length of pull to be useful as a shoulder stock, and that LOP would get 3 points just on that one characteristic.

So 'mine' (if I were to try to design one for my own use) could not be adjustable, could not use a full length buffer tube, could not fold or even telescope, and would HAVE to use skinny arm-encircling projections and a strap.

transfixer

its nothing but a step towards total banning , and in the meantime they hope to get $200 out of everyone who will comply and send it to them, if you comply,, then they see that as an indicator that when they decide you can't have them after all, you'll likely comply then, they are just doing it in stages, baby steps if you will, to see what they can get by with.

AugustaDawg

Dub

its nothing but a step towards total banning , and in the meantime they hope to get $200 out of everyone who will comply and send it to them, if you comply,, then they see that as an indicator that when they decide you can't have them after all, you'll likely comply then, they are just doing it in stages, baby steps if you will, to see what they can get by with.

You know what they say about how to boil frogs...

georgia_home

did the feedback thing. Guess the first feedback in May was tossed. Got a receipt for both May and June feedbacks.

that said, I figure the feedback is worth just about nothing.

they’ll ignore what folks tell them, unless its what they were planning in the first place, and spit in the eye of johnQ. Spit will be donated by none other than Chipman himself.

bullgator

Whether it passes or not, ATF is putting us on notice that they feel free to screw with us during the tenure of POTUS 46.

georgia_home

arguably, bump stocks were the first test… as gun folk went along…

”now, let’s see how they react to this….”

Yes , and this is only a test,, I'm sure there will be more to come

transfixer

I have a feeling the demand for 16" uppers is about to increase.

Probably,,, and to me that is sad ,,, that people will simply give in and get rid of their braces and AR pistol uppers instead of standing up and saying " enough is enough ! "

personally I'm not getting rid of anything, in fact I started buying more braces a while back when this was rumored , and have all the parts to assemble a 8.5in .300bo sitting in boxes right now, just waiting to be put together

Balrog

Probably,,, and to me that is sad ,,, that people will simply give in and get rid of their braces and AR pistol uppers instead of standing up and saying " enough is enough ! "

personally I'm not getting rid of anything, in fact I started buying more braces a while back when this was rumored , and have all the parts to assemble a 8.5in .300bo sitting in boxes right now, just waiting to be put together

I guess braces dont effect enough people for them to take an interest. 2nd Amendment is dying by death from a thousand cuts.

Dub

arguably, bump stocks were the first test… as gun folk went along…

”now, let’s see how they react to this….”

Bump stocks were toast after the Los Vegas massacre happened.

Impossible for any argument for them to hold up against the anti-crowd after that.

Nothing or nobody could have stopped them at that point.

Balrog

Bump stocks were toast after the Los Vegas massacre happened.

Impossible for any argument for them to hold up against the anti-crowd after that.

Nothing or nobody could have stopped them at that point.

I don’t believe we were told about the Las Vegas shooter. I don’t think one man with an AR in a bump stock could do what he did.

Dub

I don’t believe we were told about the Las Vegas shooter. I don’t think one man with an AR in a bump stock could do what he did.

How in the heck did he get that many rifles and all that ammo up to that suite without someone noticing ???

Suitcase after suitcase. Bag after bag.

Old Yapper

I wonder what the jerks will call this?
--------------------------------------------
This is my very, very, old "Snake Charmer" .410 shotgun. (My #6 shot copperhead and cottonmouth killer). It's been my pardner on lakes and creeks for 40 years.
I didn't like the factory short handle on it.
So I sketched out a design for an extended handle on a piece of wood, sawed it out roughly with a hand saw and then finished off the shaping with a knife and sandpaper. It took some elbow grease, but so what? Old people got spare time.
Then I secured the new extension handle to the old handle with screws and PC7. Did more sanding and shaping, filling screw holes with plastic wood.. and then spray painted the whole thing.
It's not something a master gunsmith craftsman would create it, but this is a functional weapon...it gets banged around a lot.
And it will stop a home invader, when loaded with a rifled slug, very well... while I'm blasting with a pistol in the other hand simultaneously.
Yep, I'm kinda' proud of it.
Shotgun #1 ReSized.jpg

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Giving up bump stocks without a fight was a huge mistake. I disagree with the money angle on pistol braces. The govt isn’t looking to profit from tax stamps on this deal. It’s just another step in the direction of full blown gun control and needs to be fought tooth and nail. As far as I see it, you’ll have 3 options.

1. SBR it.
2. Remove the brace and wait for repeal down the road.
3. Or I SHALL NOT COMPLY.

Removing a pistol brace does nothing but make the weapon less accurate and maneuverable. Absolutely asinine the NFA is in the first place.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War

^This. My kinda man. If someone comes a knockin on my door to collect mine, I hope it’s ole Chippy himself. I’m keeping mine. If they’re going to make us all felons with the stroke of a pen we all ought to go full felon with stocks, vert grips and FA sears. The whole nine.