TAKE ACTION: HELP STOP THE ATF’S PISTOL BAN

Balrog

the most logical thing to do at this point is NOTHING ! unless you bought a pistol with a brace on a 4473 there is nothing to show you have one,, "if you have one "

if you cave in and register, or cave in and alter your weapon you " might have" you're simply showing that agency they've succeeded,,,

This will be done away with, at some point ,
There is no need to do anything until the 120 day amnesty period ends, for sure.

gchandkeh

So if I remove the brace and leave the tube Im ok? Of course I’ve already misplaced this SBR but wondering what I should do if I ever find it

transfixer

So if I remove the brace and leave the tube Im ok? Of course I’ve already misplaced this SBR but wondering what I should do if I ever find it

I've not read the guidelines, but I saw mentioned that the tube needs to be a plain pistol tube, not a carbine tube like is found on many AR pistols

Lilly001

My new SBR , which was a pistol when I bought it, was an impulse buy. I have never really used it except to shoot it at my range.
While I agree that the BATF is engaging in unconstitutional, illegal,
Overreach it’s not the hill I’m going to die on.
I will contribute to those organizations fighting it and will vote against any tyrannical politician who backs it I will not risk a felony conviction over it. And I am hopeful that this abortion will be legally dismissed in the courts.
I do not make this decision lightly. I’ve been a vocal Constitutionalist all of my life. And I won’t change now.
I may die on a hill in the future, but just not this one.

transfixer

I've never bought a pistol AR, in fact I don't own an AR that has been bought, whatever I have I've built, I have multiple barrels around here, in multiple calibers,

Lilly001

I've never bought a pistol AR, in fact I don't own an AR that has been bought, whatever I have I've built, I have multiple barrels around here, in multiple calibers,
That’s the beauty of the AR platform.
It can change in few minutes into whatever you want.

Lilly001

I am thinking I read otherwise, that the tube did not have to be changed.
That’s one of the big problems with these arbitrary rule changes.
Definitions are vague and sparse. And if you show them an example, and they consider it in violation, you just made their case against you.
Its almost like they are trying to trap you.facepalm:

Dub

That’s one of the big problems with these arbitrary rule changes.
Definitions are vague and sparse. And if you show them an example, and they consider it in violation, you just made their case against you.
Its almost like they are trying to trap you.facepalm:

Their convoluted vagueness is part of their intended tactic.

What we may view as permissible can be morphed into a criminal violation without so much as a hesitation by the alphabet groups in charge.

trial&error

All you really have to do is separate the upper from the lower. Their own resolutions say you can add a longer barrel so there's no problem having a brace on lower with a longer barrel. They also say that the short barrel is only bad if attached to a lower with a brace. So separating them makes you compliant within the "law" or rather the wrongful interpretation of law.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
the most logical thing to do at this point is NOTHING ! unless you bought a pistol with a brace on a 4473 there is nothing to show you have one,, "if you have one "

if you cave in and register, or cave in and alter your weapon you " might have" you're simply showing that agency they've succeeded,,,

EXACTLY. This world has enough sheep in it. Mass civil disobediance is the only answer.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War

The 4473 stays at the LGS. Hold pattern.

chase870

Possum Sox
We are all Hero's and Patriots until it's time to be a Hero or Patriot!
It is easy to talk tough and we may mean it but when the ATF has you arrested, you are looking at hundred's of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees, lost of your job and probably your house.
Your wife and children will have little income coming in and even if you are eventually found not guilty, life will never be the same.
I figure if 3% of the folks that have things the .gov boys want and ain't interested in giving up. The .gov boys will do well to leave them alone. I don't often get into positions where I'm subject to arrest, but if it involves my wife or my dog, things that are against the law are subject to happen.

transfixer

I figure if 3% of the folks that have things the .gov boys want and ain't interested in giving up. The .gov boys will do well to leave them alone. I don't often get into positions where I'm subject to arrest, but if it involves my wife or my dog, things that are against the law are subject to happen.

I've had a conversation related to this a couple times lately, I'm about to be 62, I've lived and experienced a lot of things in my life, done most all of the things that were on my "bucket list" if you will, I've been a law abiding citizen all my life, other than an occasional speeding ticket, lol, I do not want to and will not wither away in a hospital bed, and have no desire to live if I get to a point I cannot fend for myself or take care of myself, I've put myself in a position a few times to risk my life or my freedom in defense of loved ones, but never had to cross that imaginary line,, yet !

at the risk of sounding cliche, I WILL NOT live on my knees