Few Critters

sportsman94

I got skunked on everything I’ve checked so far. Have a few more by the house I’ll check at lunch. Embarrassing! Hope you have better luck than me

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Not much luck. Rode the roads this morning and saw no fresh coyote tracking since the last rain. Anyway my traps have just had action at two traps.
Two coons and two possums.
IMG_0535.jpegIMG_0536.jpegIMG_0536.jpegIMG_0537.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I guess that mb 550 trigger is set right. 2 possums in two nights isn’t what I was looking for but it’s nice to know I’ve got the trigger set for anything but a butterfly

sportsman94

Think I’m about done on the beavers. Caught a kit, which was #21 today at the place by the house. Water is still flowing at the dam break. Pulled the spot I’ve been catching otters. Took 3 otters the last 4 days and had another swimming around when I pulled. Lastly caught a real nice Tom in a blind set

IMG_9316.jpeg

furtaker

I rode by an old step down dirt hole today that I pulled a couple of weeks ago before that last big rain we had and saw where a coyote had dug the Canine Force out of the hole. We've had inches of rain since then and I plugged the hole with dirt when I pulled the trap and he still smelled a pea sized glob of lure.

Their nose is amazing.

sportsman94

I rode by an old step down dirt hole today that I pulled a couple of weeks ago before that last big rain we had and saw where a coyote had dug the Canine Force out of the hole. We've had inches of rain since then and I plugged the hole with dirt when I pulled the trap and he still smelled a pea sized glob of lure.

Their nose is amazing.

I saw a bait and lure maker suggesting the other day to rebait every 4-5 days. Thought that was pretty insane and was happy to see others echo my thoughts that baiting once was plenty. If anything, I add urine after a rain. Once coyotes start marking spot of interest they’ll mark it for a long time it seems.

furtaker

I saw a bait and lure maker suggesting the other day to rebait every 4-5 days. Thought that was pretty insane and was happy to see others echo my thoughts that baiting once was plenty. If anything, I add urine after a rain. Once coyotes start marking spot of interest they’ll mark it for a long time it seems.
I think it's insane too. They're just trying to sell bait when they say that. I never re-bait a set and very, very rarely re-lure. I've seen where coyotes have dug lure out of the ground a couple of months after pulling a trap. Too much lure is unnatural and sure to get a rolling response too.