First boat, First trip out.

Ajohnson0587

I grew up most of my life fishing on my dads boat in the summers in Long Island NY, this is were I developed my love for fishing. Over the last 8yrs I have spent a lot more time in the woods hunting and shooting competitively the last 4. In 2019 I got the itch to fish again, but buying a boat was not in the cards since we had just had our son, so I bought a SOT fishing kayak instead. This was like throwing gasoline on the fire! All I wanted to do was fish, and my 5 yr old is always asking me to take her. We fish from the bank, but with very little success. So I decided to get out of my hunting club and sell my Polaris Ranger to fund the boat, my 9 yr old wasn't happy about that as she likes to go hunting with me, but the rest of the family doesn't. I explained that this was something everyone would enjoy and that once her siblings got older we could look at getting back in. I listed the Ranger in FB and within 2hrs I had a guy commit to purchasing it the next day, Monday came and I sold my Ranger, I was a bit sad, but was excited to find a boat. This weekend after 2 weeks of searching I was able to find the right boat for my family and I, it's a 2013 Bass Tracker PT165. The boat check all the boxes and had some upgrades that I planned on adding, but now I don't need to. Saturday night i registered the boat and got my Temporary Registration and Sunday morning around 10am we hit Lake Jackson. We were able to enjoy ourselves and put some fish in the Boat at the same time, the kids were having a blast and the wife said the magic words "I could do this every weekend", I quickly turned around and said "I'm going to hold you to that!", we both laughed and proceeded to enjoy the day. What was only supposed to be a a 3-4 hr trip, turned into an all day affair. Ok, enough rambling here's some pictures.image8 - Copy.jpegimage11 - Copy (2).jpegimage0 - Copy (2).jpegimage3 - Copy (2).jpegimage5.jpegimage6 - Copy.jpegimage9 - Copy.jpegimage10 - Copy (2).jpeg

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Congrats! Awesome pics.

My first new boat was a 2000 PT165, great boats. I kept it for 13 years till I upgraded to PT175 in 2013.

decatur dawg

Hate to hear about leaving the hunt club, but a fishing boat is more fun for the little ones. They grow up real fast so enjoy it! I just bought an older 2005 PT175 and man I have been surprised how much I like it. Y'all have fun and make some memories.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s the way to live life!!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Great looking rig and great looking family!

Ajohnson0587

Thanks for the kind words, we will be looking to make a life time of memories on this boat. I was very please with the quality and meticulous maintenance that the previous owner kept up with. The boat rides smooth, gets on plain fast, and that 40hp four stroke will do 34mph according to the GPS.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Great job, dad! Take advantage of every moment with them.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
You won't regret it. My boat only gets put away during hunting season. Fishing season lasts a LOT longer! Congrats Dad!

KrappieKrane

There’s no price on a Family Rich moment so enjoy it while you can.

CaptKeith

Congratulations and best wishes for great family fishing!

Ajohnson0587

Thanks for all the replies, well wishes. I don't plan on putting this this away, even when its cold, I like fishing in the colder months as long as its sunny and the wind isn't blowing crazy.

Havana Dude

Pics say it all. My first brand new boat was in 1988. I still have it, bass tracker pro17. Needs some attention at this point but it’s not beyond saving. Just haven’t taken the time to fool with it or go fishing. Been a many fish hauled over edge of it, and about 5 friends and family members have fished out of it that are no longer with me. I plan to keep it it forever. Keep doing what you’re doing . The boy in the pic is about to turn 28.

Attachments

• 1C7EEE03-DA1B-458A-AE92-72969FF3C801.jpeg
    1C7EEE03-DA1B-458A-AE92-72969FF3C801.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

JKat81

Man, what a post. Congratulations on the boat. Love the pics of the family. Some of my favorite memories have been with my family on my boat. You have a lot to be proud of there my friend.