First they were thinning the lease and now it will be sold!

Glenn

Found out from my friend and other member of my lease that according to the head Logger our lease will more than likely be put up forsale. They are really doing some heavy thinning and he said because the some of the mature pines were hit hard by Pine beettles the land will be sold.

He gave us a website to watch that Plum Creek puts their property to sell on and he said to keep and eye on it.

He also said that we did not hear any of this from him because he has gotten in trouble for this kind of thing before but he did not want us to get blindsided.

So the only thing the 4 of us on the lease can hope for is that it is sold to another paper company or someone who would lease it back out to us. If not We will join others in the search of property and I will be hunting public land again.

And to make our season even better they will not be done cutting until the first of November if they have good weather. :banginghe

Bye Bye hunting the Rut! :banginghe

Niner

Is there any way that y'all could go in together and form a "partnership" and buy the place?

Just an idea to kick around the campfire......

Glenn

Niner that would be the thing to do but right now I am not in the position to kick in the kind of money they would want. It is only 150 ac but I am sure Plum Creek would be asking a pretty penny.

I would love to buy some land and have it in some kind of trust but it will have to wait.

Snakeman

This seems to be the mode of operation for Timber companies recently.

Hold on to the land until it's time to thin, get some money out of it when it gets thinned, then sell it off.

I know of several tracts that this has happened to in the last couple of years, including the 700 acres behind my house, and the lease that I was in last year.

Sorry about the bad news, Glenn, but there may be some good news in it......

Last year I killed the biggest buck I've killed (134" gross 8 point)on property that was in the process of being thinned. I mean ACTIVELY thinned.

So don't give up, or discount hunting the rut.

The Snakeman

Snakeman

Hold on to the land until it's time to thin, get some money out of it when it gets thinned, then sell it off.

I know of several tracts that this has happened to in the last couple of years, including the 700 acres behind my house, and the lease that I was in last year.

Last year I killed my biggest buck ever (134" gross 8 point)on property that was in the process of being thinned. I mean ACTIVELY thinned.

The Snakeman

Snakeman

Last year I killed my biggest buck ever (134" gross 8 point)on property that was in the process of being thinned. I mean ACTIVELY thinned.

The Snakeman

stumpman

Banned
Thats not a bad thing when they get off the equipment you go get on it and sit there and hunt the deer wont pay you any attention and you can get a farther shot off in the thinned woods Good luck!