First try at zip line.

Shadow11

Anyone put in a zip line before?

I got bored last weekend and hung a 350' kit that I got from someone on Amazon. Pretty cool. I didn't die at least.

First try didn't work out too well. I had to raise it 4 feet. That worked out pretty good, but still not as fast as I'd like. I raised it another 2 feet today. It's decent, I guess. I think it could be faster, but can't really raise it any more. I may be able to tighten it a tad.

Do they make a faster pulley, by chance?
Any thoughts?

Here's a video while holding my phone. Youtube makes it very blurry. Couple pics too....

Screenshot_2023-03-11-16-49-04.pngScreenshot_2023-03-11-16-50-14.png

DAVE

I put up one as a teenager, first run cable broke I fell about 20 feet. That was my last ride on a zip line, 50 years later still dealing with it. Hope you have better luck with yours.

naildrvr

I like that little prayer at the beginning and I agree with you it looks a little slow. However, I'm glad that little stump at the end didn't catch you in the plumbing !

Shadow11

I like that little prayer at the beginning and I agree with you it looks a little slow. However, I'm glad that little stump at the end didn't catch you in the plumbing !
Yeah 2 more feet would get it humming pretty good I think. The bungie stop did ok, but the back pocket is where it's at.

As far as the plumbing goes.... I did lose a pair of jeans, but still just one exit hole. All good.20230311_165801.jpg

turkeykirk

Now you are ready to upgrade to the big times. :rofl:

oldfella1962

Yeah 2 more feet would get it humming pretty good I think. The bungie stop did ok, but the back pocket is where it's at.

As far as the plumbing goes.... I did lose a pair of jeans, but still just one exit hole. All good.View attachment 1214874
Those pants remind me of a funny (yet irritating) story: I was in the Army, and I had just bought a brand-new uniform for a leadership class I was going to attend soon. Anyway, I was "rail loading" which is putting all your equipment on - you guessed it - train cars to transport to a faraway field training location. I jumped off the side of a train car, and somehow my brand-new shirt got hooked on something as a I jumped and tore the shirt completely through from about the middle of my back all the way down. :mad: I barely felt a little tug and heard a faint ripping sound, but when I hit the ground and started walking, I saw the total damage. Yes, of course everyone who saw it thought it was hilarious, but I was none-too-happy.

Hillbilly stalker

Looks like a great way to make a Hen out of a Rooster.:crazy: . I believe I'll stick to my whittling. Can I have your deer stand ?

You get an "A" for being adventurous.(y) I don't bounce so good anymore. Always wish I had rode a Bull when I was young and limber.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If anyone wants to watch me ride a bull they can wait a few more years then put some of my ashes in their pocket and have at it.

oldfella1962

If anyone wants to watch me ride a bull they can wait a few more years then put some of my ashes in their pocket and have at it.
I would try to ride a sloth - that's about my speed. :LOL: