Flint around Sprewell Bluff

pbradley

Many, many years ago, when I was around 12 or so, my dad, uncle and I put a 12' Sears aluminum v hull gamefisher in at Sprewell and made it all the way down to the Outdoor Center. It was a boat identical to this one.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 20

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Many, many years ago, when I was around 12 or so, my dad, uncle and I put a 12' Sears aluminum v hull gamefisher in at Sprewell and made it all the way down to the Outdoor Center. It was a boat identical to this one.

Those boats are practically bulletproof. Ugly but very well made.

doomtrpr_z71

One of my best friends had that same boat and we determined the same designer should have done the Titanic if they wanted an unsinkable ship.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Depends on water levels. Last time we beat ourselves to death dragging a Coleman Scanoe through there. Sold it the next week and got a 13’ three seater Wasatch. Rides real high in the water.

Limbhanger2881

This is not possible this time of year. We went sat and went on and took the kayaks. The river was ankle deep in places. Word on the street is you can use a boat up until about May

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I would not reccommend it any time of year. We had some fellows put in after us and we stopped to fish several times, watched them walk that flooded jon boat all the way down the river. I kinda felt sorry for them everytime they would dump it out. It would get stuck on a rock and flood over the back.
If you know the runs you can do it in a canoe or kayak but still may have to drag every now and then