Flintlock

hawgrider1200

I bought one the other day from a fellow woody's member. It's a Traditions Pennsylvania replica. It sure is a long feller. Gonna have to cut a hole in the shelf of the safe to get that bad boy in there. Here's a photo just sitting next to my TC renegade and a Model 94 winny for comparison of size.

traditionslongrifle002.jpg

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I have that same rifle. It is a LONG rifle. It is fun to shoot. The only thing I don't like is you have to put your cheek WAY back on the stock to shoot. But it is a good looking, fun to shoot rifle.

Nugefan

sweet .....:cool:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
It will kill deer too. ;)

LanceColeman

I cant lay my flinter down in the truck seat because I cant close the doors of the truck.

I have exactly TWO inches to spare laid across the back seat of my full sized 4 door pick up when I lay my southern mt. in there. I make darn sure the barrel is touching the far door before I close it up.:cool:

hawgrider1200

where would a body get a gun case for it?

Cknerr

Would you need a gun case to hide it in? ::ke:
Someone trying to steal it would get slowed every time he hit something like door jams, corners, etc trying to run away with it..... good 3 stooges routine.

should have resisted -just couldn't :rofl:

Chris

tv_racin_fan

I'd be lookin to show that baby off not hide er in the safe myself.

You thinkin a leather case to carry er around in?

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categ...atId=1&subId=5&styleId=15&partNum=GUN-CASE-60

Anything else I believe your gonna have to get special made, I have never seen a gun case that size other than a leather one. I stand corrected sir...Cabelas has a couple that would work so I am sure you can find something somewhere.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t..._pla=&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080&hasJS=true

Last edited:

hawgrider1200

showing the rifle off

I was just gonna modify the safe to make sure that bad boy don't walk off when I ain't around to show it off. Thanks tvracingfan for the links to the gun cases. I might need one of each. The hard case reviews at Cabela's website sez the corners are made of plastic and break easily. If I get a hardcase it'll be just to throw the rifle inn the back of the truck to get from point A to point B. The leather case I could make myself just a lot of punches and some waxed thread. I think I might have a piece or two of deer hide I could use.

hawgrider1200

Shoot her yet?

Not really, just poured some powder down the barrel and wadded up some paper to compress the powder a little bit. no ball. busted that charge off in the yard. will get to the range soon as I can the weather is not being cooperative. It's either raining or I'm waiting for the last rain to dry up so I don't slip and slide on the red clay at the range.