Florida bow opener

Havana Dude

Today was the day for us. I had as good a hunt as you can have without bringin home any meat. 8:00am, a doe and her twins, still in spots, came by feeding on acorns.Right behind them was a small basket type rack 4-5 pt and a doe. Would have taken shot at this doe, but she never gave me a shot. 9:00 am, another doe and her twin spots came by.These two fawns HAVE to be male, they were all over the place giving momma a fit trying to keep up with em :bounce: . Anyway, got down about 9:30, did a little looking around, and walked up on 6 deer feeding about 100 yds away, they smelled or spotted me and hauled tail. All in all 14 deer sighted before 10:00am.

gabowman

Was an awesome opening day for ya! Sounds like you need to stay on stand a little longer dude. ;) :bounce: :bounce:

GB

Havana Dude

gb

Yea, I usually do, but had other commitments to tend to later on. They were sure moving good though.

cowboyron

HD, The deer were definitly moving good yesterday morning with that cold front in place. Here in N. Central Fl. the deer were moving all morning long. I had 6 skinheads around my stand. Had one sneak by then two more strolled in they were real skiddish and when I stood up they bolted. Then alittle later three more came in I couldn't stand it and had to shoot one. Only to reget a lost deer after a long tracking job that ended after she went into the flood plains of the Suwannee River. As I was tracking this deer I was bumping deer all through the woods.

Mrbowdeadly

Man, from what I have heard and seen so far this season is going great! Sounds like yall had fun!!

MBD